Will canon service centre entertain gaffered cams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
My cam is quite heavily gaffered. using a 350D. recently, my pop up flash refused to pop up. it gives me an Err05. so i'm gg send it to CSC tomorrow.

will they have to remove my grip to see the serial number? also, will they make noise if they see that my cam is so heavily gaffered? (e.g. they will say they cant check for damage etc)

Is it because the gaffers jammed the pop up flash? I have that same error 5 when I try to gaffer a 300D. The thinkness of the gaffers will jam the flash. Try removing the gaffers first.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
will they have to remove my grip to see the serial number?
YES

also, will they make noise if they see that my cam is so heavily gaffered? (e.g. they will say they cant check for damage etc)

No problem, cos they will remove it when they check the serial number

Max 2.8 said:
Is it because the gaffers jammed the pop up flash? I have that same error 5 when I try to gaffer a 300D. The thinkness of the gaffers will jam the flash. Try removing the gaffers first.

hmm no leh. my flash aint gaffered. im jsut worried theyll insist on me removing ALL gaffer :think:

hmm no leh. my flash aint gaffered. im jsut worried theyll insist on me removing ALL gaffer :think:

if they need to open up the camera to fix some problem or to check the serial number...then they got to do it.

They wont completely remove all gaffer, but will try to stick it back after peeling it off. however, u will probably need to re-do your gaffering because they wont stick as good as original

sometimes they don't stick back as well. It depends on how nice the technician is I guess.

Health of your DSLR is more important. Looks is secondary! ;p

The morale of the story is - Don't gaffer too much on the camera body. ;p

heh will bring down tomorrow. :p good excuse for not taking pics during CNY. :bsmilie: else i wont be able to enjoy the pineapple tarts

ok problem. my flash is suddenyl working again!!! i tried it this morning and it could pop up. there is no gaffa on my flash.

should i bring it down still? :think:

anyway, can i just ask how many clicks you guys hear when you try to pop up your flash? most of the tiem i hear one or two clicks. someitmes it reaches 3 clicks then i get an error 05. how bout u guys?

Speaking of gaffering, i dunno whether to gaffer my EOS 30's hand grip as small parts of the surface of the rubber are starting to peel.

anyway, can i just ask how many clicks you guys hear when you try to pop up your flash? most of the tiem i hear one or two clicks. someitmes it reaches 3 clicks then i get an error 05. how bout u guys?
What do you mean by clicks? I use the 350D too, when I need to pop up the in-built flash, I just press on the flash button and the flash just pops up. No clicking sound is heard.

Canew said:
What do you mean by clicks? I use the 350D too, when I need to pop up the in-built flash, I just press on the flash button and the flash just pops up. No clicking sound is heard.

I think he meant the sound that the flash makes when it is opened.

michhy said:
I think he meant the sound that the flash makes when it is opened.
Are the clicking sounds when the flash is poped up? Could that be the pre-flash firing? I does sound like clicking.

no....tt confirms my flash is faulty. the clicks are before the flash pops up. when i press the button, the flash will... click...click...pop.

if it goes click...click....click 3 times, i get err05. okok i shd bring it down.

Hmmm I think the release mechanism is jammed.

I get the clicks too when I put my hand on top of the flash when releasing it to prevent it from "slamming" open. I feel the action is violent, so I use my hand as a buffer. Sometimes if i'm too slow I get two clicks instead of one. If I don't move my hand I get 3 clicks and an error msg, though I never bother to see which.

My cam is quite heavily gaffered. using a 350D. QUOTE]

sori... wat is the meaning of 'gaffered'? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.