Will Camera get damage for not using for a while?

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
As above.

Assuming your camera is well kept, say it is kept at the correct humidity. and say camera is left unused for 9 months.

Will the camera get damage? some electronic product(especially mobile phone) will I guess. Anyone got this experience?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Huh? Why do you think even a mobile phone will stop working? And "especially" a mobile phone?? Based on what? I have phones that have been in a cupboard for 3 years and will work just fine.

Same goes with your camera. At most, I'd recommend removing the battery.

evilorgi

Nov 9, 2007
Tampines
www.facebook.com
Eye and brain will get damaged if you dont use camera for this amount of time
haha i agree with you on this!

TS, dont worry you put how long as long as it dont grow fungus can already! put in in a dry box or dry cabinet, with the batts removed...

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
electronic product suggest to use frequently isnt it?

I got a few mobile which kept for a more then half a year and now all kaput!

Maybe is becuz I didnt remove the batt! ;p

reuters

May 25, 2009
if u are afraid that the electronic parts will fail, why not just bring out every now and then, take a few shots and put it back again?

Jan 18, 2010
Central
Its always the bats that will leak even if its off .
and a little exercise will be good .

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
electronic product suggest to use frequently isnt it?

I got a few mobile which kept for a more then half a year and now all kaput!

Maybe is becuz I didnt remove the batt! ;p
What phone is that? I mean really, I have 2 phones that I've not touched in over 2 years (and the battery was left inside!). I just tried plugging the charger into them and starting them up, both worked perfectly.

I'd say it's user error, don't blame the electronics.

Rocky78

Jun 1, 2010
I advise you to take it out at least once a month to handle and operate it for a while.

Don't ask me why or how it happened.

I lost a TV, radio and a HI FI set due to long term proper storage of 2 to 3 years. :dunno:

:confused::confused::confused:

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
1 HP PDA phone cant remember the model, dun seem to work further, 1 Samsung Flat mobile oso cant remember the model, the whole half LCD kaput! ended up becuz a radio for a ah ma!.

1 china made tampon like phone, I think still working but due to the button, cannot use oso(user fault)

1 Motorola Smartphone, dun think it work even thru direct power supply, but not sure what is the reason.

watermaze

May 12, 2009
Maybe you can consider selling it away and keep the money in the bank... :bsmilie:
Buy the latest model only when you have decided to take up photography again....

Jun 30, 2010
Just the other day, I took out my 1st digital camera, a Minolta and it die!!

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
As above.

Assuming your camera is well kept, say it is kept at the correct humidity. and say camera is left unused for 9 months.

Will the camera get damage? some electronic product(especially mobile phone) will I guess. Anyone got this experience?

no, but it is not recommended that you store a discharged lithium ion battery without charging it for long periods of time.

Apr 20, 2006
If you plan to stop shooting for a while, just sell the camera. Prices of electronics can only drop with time.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Its always the bats that will leak even if its off .
and a little exercise will be good .
If Li-Ion batteries have any leak then you don't need to worry about your camera anymore :bsmilie:
But as mentioned by others, Li-Ion is best kept fully charged. Better even to keep in fridge.

kklee

Aug 13, 2004
I advise you to take it out at least once a month to handle and operate it for a while.

Don't ask me why or how it happened.

I lost a TV, radio and a HI FI set due to long term proper storage of 2 to 3 years. :dunno:

:confused::confused::confused:
They have larger capacitors, sure to fail.

Top Bottom