Will bulk roll slides give under exposed effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Last Sunday went to take 4 rolls of slides as follows :

*from 0900 hrs to 1400 hrs at Chinatown <-- took 1 roll of Velvia (bulk roll)
*from 1400 hrs to 1445 hrs at Raffles Place Fashion show <-- took 1½ roll of Ektachrome (bulk roll)
*from 1600 hrs to 1645 hrs Raffles Place Fashion show <-- took ½ of Ektachrome (bulk roll)and 1 roll of Elitechrome (original roll)

Sent them for develop at RGB Color Lab and turn out
1 roll of Velvia <-- under exposed
2 rolls of Ektachrome <-- under exposed
1 roll of Elitechrome <-- no problem

Just wanna know whether is it cause by bulk roll slides , my camera settings or the Lab ?.... :dunno:

Originally posted by megaweb
Last Sunday went to take 4 rolls of slides as follows :

*from 0900 hrs to 1400 hrs at Chinatown <-- took 1 roll of Velvia (bulk roll)
*from 1400 hrs to 1445 hrs at Raffles Place Fashion show <-- took 1½ roll of Ektachrome (bulk roll)
*from 1600 hrs to 1645 hrs Raffles Place Fashion show <-- took ½ of Ektachrome (bulk roll)and 1 roll of Elitechrome (original roll)

Sent them for develop at RGB Color Lab and turn out
1 roll of Velvia <-- under exposed
2 rolls of Ektachrome <-- under exposed
1 roll of Elitechrome <-- no problem

Just wanna know whether is it cause by bulk roll slides , my camera settings or the Lab ?.... :dunno:

Do you use DX in the camera? If so, are you using the correct ISO canisters when bulk loading? If that is so, you might want to double check your meter, and also that it is not RGB's fault. If it is, stop patronizing them (as if clipping through the last frame of slide rolls is not enough of a problem....)

Wah, you fly to Raffles City from Chinatown? End at 1400 Chinatown, reach Raffles City at 1400 also?? ;p

Regards
CK

:gbounce:

I asked this question before. Let me see if I can find the thread again.

But thank goodness, underexposed slides are much easier to handle than overexposed slides.

all the canisters are using ISO 100 ...

I may forget to change my camera settings to ISO 50 when using Velvia . However how to explain the underexposed Ektachrome which is also ISO 100 ... I remember I did not change any settings ..

Fashion show at 2 pm , 1½ roll ektachrome underexposed

Fashion show at 4 pm , ½ roll ektachrome underexposed and 1 roll elitechrome is ok ...

:dunno:

Wah, you fly to Raffles City from Chinatown? End at 1400 Chinatown, reach Raffles City at 1400 also??
no lah ... walked from Chinatown to Raffles place ..

Been using bulk rolled slides all the way. Never had exposure problems except due to my stupidity. ;p

slide is not very exposure/metering forgiveness. unless negative. meaning, exposure skill and metering skill must be very good. i often got over/under exposure slide too.

most likely exposure problem, slides are very unforgiving for exposure, 1/2 a stop makes a difference. where else for prints, I've overexposed 4 stops accidentally before and it still came out ok.

Originally posted by megaweb
thanks for the feedback ...

I think I will go back to try again :)

mega: u used ektachrome EC or EV? I used EC quite ok leh. except metering not so accurate with the stage background white color. for other shots very accurate. (not bulk roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.