Will a C-8080 take better pics than other 3m pixel cam if set to 3m pixel only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear all C-8080 owners,

Just a quick question: will a C-8080 take better pics than other 3m pixel cam if set to 3m pixel only? I know C-8080 can take 8m pixel pics, but mostly I only take 3m pixel pics, and most time I don't want to take 8m pics then resize them to 3m or smaller.

For example, Fuji 602z takes nice 3m pixel pics. Will C-8080's 3m pixel pics (not resized ones) quality be much better than Fuji's ?

Thanks for all the inputs.

Cheers!

fengwei said:
Dear all C-8080 owners,

Just a quick question: will a C-8080 take better pics than other 3m pixel cam if set to 3m pixel only? I know C-8080 can take 8m pixel pics, but mostly I only take 3m pixel pics, and most time I don't want to take 8m pics then resize them to 3m or smaller.

For example, Fuji 602z takes nice 3m pixel pics. Will C-8080's 3m pixel pics (not resized ones) quality be much better than Fuji's ?

Thanks for all the inputs.

Cheers!

Hi fengwei,

All cameras produce good pictures regardless whether is a DSLR or a point & shoot consumer cam. Whether how good the photos will turnout all depends on the person taking the shots.

C8080 produce excellent 4R photos also without any cropping. If you intend to make veri large print, then a 8mp cam, this case, C8080 would be a good choice, if not, any 3mp cam would be more than enough to handle. Why would you want to get a 8mp cam but only wanted to shoot at 3mp? :dunno:

You may also want to consider the Canon 300D or Nikon D70 DSLR if you can spare some extra dollars. No comment on the comparsion between Fuji & C8080 coz I don't own a Fuji.

I am a proud owner of C8080 & FZ10 :D

Hope you can find the right cam for your need ;)

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Hi fengwei,

All cameras produce good pictures regardless whether is a DSLR or a point & shoot consumer cam. Whether how good the photos will turnout all depends on the person taking the shots.

C8080 produce excellent 4R photos also without any cropping. If you intend to make veri large print, then a 8mp cam, this case, C8080 would be a good choice, if not, any 3mp cam would be more than enough to handle. Why would you want to get a 8mp cam but only wanted to shoot at 3mp? :dunno:

You may also want to consider the Canon 300D or Nikon D70 DSLR if you can spare some extra dollars. No comment on the comparsion between Fuji & C8080 coz I don't own a Fuji.

I am a proud owner of C8080 & FZ10 :D

Hope you can find the right cam for your need ;)

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions.

So how's your C8080? Do you always take 8mp pics or 5mp or even 3mp with it? Or just 8mp in RAW format? How aobut the direct jpg file's quality? Most of those reviewers only review it base on RAW file quality. I think if I had this camera, I might take jpg files most of the time, and only RAW some very rare time.

Thanks again and Cheers!

Hmm i thought all digital camera takes at what mp they are mean to take? for example a 5mp cam will always be shooting in 5mp?

anyway, why not make full use of your camera? why buy a 8mp and try to shoot at 3mp? the files are bigger but you get to captuire more details, a photos without details is as good as a piece of white paper.

I shoot raw with my 5050, cos jpeg is never good enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.