wild flowers abstract

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
wanted to do some lalang landscapes near my place just now and found that the lalangs are thin and grey :( ended up with some abstract shots instead ...

#1 stretching for the clouds
moon03.jpg

#2 a chat with the moon
moon01.jpg

eikin:

#1 works for me...

#2 some how the stalk right down the (somewhere) middle seems be splitting ur picture in 2. looks funny.

maybe wanna share ur thoughts on the composition?

wainism said:
eikin:

#1 works for me...

#2 some how the stalk right down the (somewhere) middle seems be splitting ur picture in 2. looks funny.

maybe wanna share ur thoughts on the composition?

hehe, thanks :)

share my thoughts? it's just purely a feeling, that's why they are in the abstract section

The first one gets my vote. That's good thinking, changing from shooting grey withered lalangs to getting an abstract out of it. Make the best out of the worst. Good job. :)

Hmmm ... the first one is nice, it seems to have some deeper meaning to it, the cluster on the left seems to be much fitter than the cluster on the right. The clouds are with the left too

Hmmm..another inspiration for me to shoot local wild flowers. :thumbsup:

i_yagami2: that's a very good and interesting observation, the composition is deliberate, was playing with the distance between the plants, but for me it was purely done according to feeling at the moment

jopel: there're lots in our area ... try the stretch of fields beside Sungei Punggol, got 'pok pok kuay' also (those small tiny fruits kampong people around the area then like to eat, especially kids ... small little red fruits that taste sweet and sour, but now not sure whether they are still safe to be eaten)

wow you must be proning very low...

Somehow I find 2nd photo a bit funny. the stalk in the middle looks out of places.

thanks catchlights :)

jimtong: proning? haha, no need, i was using a cp4500 :angel:

seems like a number don't quite like the stalk in #2, well, i used it in the composition to break what i felt would be a normal looking photo, it's to separate the 2 flowers further away from the nearer one ... if i were to retake, hmm ... yes i'll still put the stalk there. it's a matter to personal feel i believe, cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.