WikiLeaks. Is it leaking too much?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
"Could become as important a journalistic tool as the Freedom of Information Act." - Time Magazine

"We are fearless in our efforts to get the unvarnished truth out to the public"

"Publishing improves transparency, and this transparency creates a better society for all people."

Is WikiLeaks leaking too much information to the public? Do we really need this kind of transparent and fearless investigative journalism on governments?

Last edited:
honestly? i dun mind.

sure effects are devastating. but politicians themselves shld had known abt the effects before doing certain stuff.

Personally I feel that too much info may not always be good for the world...some things are better left unexposed....

Now what wikileaks seem to have create are just confusion and suspicion between different countries...

Last edited:
Now what wikileaks seem to have create are just confusion and suspicion between different countries...

there are always confusion and suspicion. wikileaks is just a confirmation.

Certain things are better left unsaid... :rolleyes:

it seem like the table is flip over or else lots of stuffs are kept under table.

pro & cons, depends how one looks at it

Certain things like cover ups and such, you leak I think it's right but revealing these secret communiques is doing nothing but stirring ****.

Last edited:
"We are fearless in our efforts to get the unvarnished truth out to the public"

wikileaks very free,

i wish they would put their time to better use and find out what all my friends, family and stray cats in my life are talking about me behind my back. :bsmilie:

this is like some day, someone found your handphone, and then expose all that you've been saying to your wife, your best friend, your other colleagues (in confidence, at least supposedly) about your boss, your friends, your mother, your grandfather to the whole world.

how would you feel? :)

do you think the people you've been talking about feel better?

do you think the people you've been talking to feel good?

in the end, who benefits? :bsmilie:

exposing controversies, i could perhaps agree with that, e.g. country x is carrying out illegal experiments on a particular race - that is an outrage that the world really needs to know of, something that has to be done for the moral good. here, what is being done serves little positive purpose.

Last edited:
wikileaks will only create more rifts among countries that already had bad blood.

and now i think malaysia government knows that our government find their government stupid and useless. :bsmilie:

wikileaks will only create more rifts among countries that already had bad blood.

and now i think malaysia government knows that our government find their government stupid and useless. :bsmilie:

they probably guessed as much, but couldn't confirm till now.

Some informal conversation in a pub: "Hey, I tell you something, but you don't tell anyone about it, keep it a secret."

Well, those TCSS stuff amongst diplomats and politicians are leaked out.

This is the kind of stuff that fills those tabloids. No different from those paparazzi chasing after some juicy news from celebs.

This is simply amusing to us who reads the news.

Now, wanna know why folks wear bikini in the beach? Precisely to hide those areas that are best hidden from view - the unsightly parts.:bigeyes::bsmilie:

I am sure all of us at some point of time would have cursed our bosses.
Imagine if they hear that (either there is not promotion or no year end bonus :sweat:).

i feel that it's not about freedom of speech but more on irresponsibility of the power that they hold.

like Spiderman 1: with great power comes great responsibility.

the wikileaks community had the power to gain all these information, but they didn't use it responsibly. in fact, what they behold to be freedom of speech is actually the
arrogant and "can't be bothered" attitude. there are some things better left unsaid and unknown to the world.

if julian assange really deems it freedom of speech and wants the world to know what really goes on and deems himself a responsible person for revealing truths, he should also use it responsibly and not let things that he knows might cause instability to world peace emerge to the light.

therefore, in my opinion, it's not freedom of speech but irresponsibility and childishness of one man.

just my 2 cents :p

there are always confusion and suspicion. wikileaks is just a confirmation.

True. but this only make it worse...this world is already in such a mess, wikileaks did nothing but make it worse...

i feel that it's not about freedom of speech but more on irresponsibility of the power that they hold.

like Spiderman 1: with great power comes great responsibility.

the wikileaks community had the power to gain all these information, but they didn't use it responsibly. in fact, what they behold to be freedom of speech is actually the
arrogant and "can't be bothered" attitude. there are some things better left unsaid and unknown to the world.

if julian assange really deems it freedom of speech and wants the world to know what really goes on and deems himself a responsible person for revealing truths, he should also use it responsibly and not let things that he knows might cause instability to world peace emerge to the light.

therefore, in my opinion, it's not freedom of speech but irresponsibility and childishness of one man.

just my 2 cents :p

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ....agreed!

If the so call "leaks" from the business world are out in the future, I think there will even be more chaos...

The circle of diplomats and politicians ain't not that much different from us ordinary folks.

Let's say the boss is particularly close to one of his female subordinate who shows lots of cleavage and seen often in short skirt. Well, the entire office would have lots of stuff to say during lunch time. And what if the boss hears what is being said.....

I guess people got to be matured enough to dismiss this kind of gossip and jokes and comments and so forth. Such leaks would just make lots of news and lots of drama, but little impact in the real world.

Just cannot believe that people can go to war just becos of some silly remarks or gossip.

I am sure all of us at some point of time would have cursed our bosses.
Imagine if they hear that (either there is not promotion or no year end bonus :sweat:).

or you get fired for some stupid reason :sweat:

The circle of diplomats and politicians ain't not that much different from us ordinary folks.

Let's say the boss is particularly close to one of his female subordinate who shows lots of cleavage and seen often in short skirt. Well, the entire office would have lots of stuff to say during lunch time. And what if the boss hears what is being said.....

I guess people got to be matured enough to dismiss this kind of gossip and jokes and comments and so forth. Such leaks would just make lots of news and lots of drama, but little impact in the real world.

Just cannot believe that people can go to war just becos of some silly remarks or gossip.

did u see the leaks on what our MM said about N. Korea's KJI? haha. if you're a Singaporean, be very afraid. there are countries out there with governments whose cabinet aren't mature thinkers. at the drop of a hat a sword might be at your throat, or while you're on the way home your car is pumped full of lead.

that's why it's called diplomacy. we use honeyed words on our foreign counterparts. but if they know what we're actually thinking, it could cause a break-down in relations.

sometimes what we do not know, is better for us. and this is true for the vast majority of citizens when the dirty laundry of politics is free to air. political instability leads to economical instability. and at any one time, if a major economy is unstable, it can directly affect another economy.

to quote a famous movie: "i want the truth!" "you can't handle the truth!"

:bsmilie:

Tat's where you are wrong... so many wars have been waged on heresay...

Just look at the last one, was there any proof of WMD in iraq?

It was either an excuse or bad intel for a long long time...