Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Anyone know where can get the cheapest Wii? Being looking ard, but all seem very expensive at ard $630-$650 for a local set with a lousy game. For those Wii owners, any regrets? :)

I'm looking to get a set from the US (which costs about USD250) if possible.

If not, then would probably wait for the official release, which should push the prices down.

i read from another forum seem like the official launch is in oct?

i read from another forum seem like the official launch is in oct?

Think so; at least I heard it's going to be last quarter of 2007.

We should see the prices dropping to around to the USD250 level, which is incidentally the actual announced price.

The current cutthroat prices are a result of importing and reselling.

Should be selling like hotcakes after the official release me thinks.

Then what abt the current "local" set? I thought that would be the price we will expect from the official release.

Then what abt the current "local" set? I thought that would be the price we will expect from the official release.

The current stuff are probably bought from the US or Japan and then resold here.

The current stuff are probably bought from the US or Japan and then resold here.

Oic.. Hmm... Maybe I should wait a while then.

What is a "local" set? I don't think they have released a Singapore specific Wii yet.

I just bought one last week in Shanghai, and its most definitely a Japanese set. They do have the US set but its about 50% more expensive.

What is a "local" set? I don't think they have released a Singapore specific Wii yet.

I just bought one last week in Shanghai, and its most definitely a Japanese set. They do have the US set but its about 50% more expensive.

Not sure but i do know it comes with 1 yr local warranty.

there is a local set wii. released in sg around may to june period. maxsoft only release a few sets to test market. its actually us set just that they change the adapter to 240volts. anyway, if its just for gaming, for us jap sets, everything is the same and they are like 200+ cheaper then local or us set.

there is a local set wii. released in sg around may to june period. maxsoft only release a few sets to test market. its actually us set just that they change the adapter to 240volts. anyway, if its just for gaming, for us jap sets, everything is the same and they are like 200+ cheaper then local or us set.

Test the market? This means it may cost as much when it is officially release?

I've compared the price to the US (if you were to buy from like amazon.com) and the bundled price is only slightly more than the US price. And the thing is, in the US stocks are very short from what i understand and they don't even have it available at most places. Anyway, I managed to get mine with Marvel Ultimate Alliance (which is pretty good) as the bundled game.

I've compared the price to the US (if you were to buy from like amazon.com) and the bundled price is only slightly more than the US price. And the thing is, in the US stocks are very short from what i understand and they don't even have it available at most places. Anyway, I managed to get mine with Marvel Ultimate Alliance (which is pretty good) as the bundled game.

Where did you get it from?

if you are getting it just for gaming only. go get a jap set. most of them are mod and they can play far more games then us mod set.

if you are getting it just for gaming only. go get a jap set. most of them are mod and they can play far more games then us mod set.

But would prefer to get one with warranty. :p

only local set got warrenty, 3 months. which is pretty useless to me..

only local set got warrenty, 3 months. which is pretty useless to me..

Local set has one year warranty. That is what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.