Wife or Camera?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Previously, ppl like to ask you. If mum and wife drop into the sea, neither can swim, who do you save first. But from what I sees, it's all goes down to the age. If you were young, your thinking/answer will be mum, cause wife can find another one. When you are older, you will think of wife, cause mum old age, after saving her, it might be a waste and furthermore, if your family got kids, wife more impt than mum.

I just think of this. What if, your wife, dropped into a river while you 2 are crossing and you are having a DSLR with you. Will you risk your DSLR, dump it aside and save your wife? The river water are fast in pace and you know your wife surviving rate is low. But the DSLR containing a lot of the photos of you and wife during the trip. Your DSLR might be pick up by someone and before you return to that spot. So, what is your choice? :D

buy lots and lots of insurance for my wife before crossing the river ;)

k jokes aside i would save my wife.

Save the DSLR :D

Because I don't know how to swim :D

save your wife, than ask her for a Hasselblad........ lol

but with the insurance you could get probably...more than that :D

but of course, the would cost the life of one person... which is worth way more than that ;)

Eh its very subjective la.. depends on how good is your wife.. or camera.. lol..

on the second thought,

how can ones compare wife to camera?

unless both are mail order items..... lol

better don't let your wife see this thread, else she will mei wan mei liao with you or smash your camera into pieces.

When you bring your wife/gf out with your DSLR, your hand holds where more and more careful with which side? So, there still some comparison.

for the first question of course i pick wife,

for the second questionr - see situation....

Wife of course ! Camera can still buy, wife cannot. Those pictures can still be taken again after you saved your wife, but if you don't save your wife , no more pictures can be taken. If you really don't save your wife because of your camera, wow, you're really inhumane..

Last edited:
Wife of course.................“I am married to my camera in sickness and in health. I hope it will continue to be a fruitful relationship till death do us part.”:)

Shoon
www.creationculture.com

Last edited:
Previously, ppl like to ask you. If mum and wife drop into the sea, neither can swim, who do you save first. But from what I sees, it's all goes down to the age. If you were young, your thinking/answer will be mum, cause wife can find another one. When you are older, you will think of wife, cause mum old age, after saving her, it might be a waste and furthermore, if your family got kids, wife more impt than mum.

I just think of this. What if, your wife, dropped into a river while you 2 are crossing and you are having a DSLR with you. Will you risk your DSLR, dump it aside and save your wife? The river water are fast in pace and you know your wife surviving rate is low. But the DSLR containing a lot of the photos of you and wife during the trip. Your DSLR might be pick up by someone and before you return to that spot. So, what is your choice? :D

Hello, are you joking....

Even if I have Medium Format digital, the choice is clear........

I'd save the camera.

If you ask this question, then are you considering that your wife is of lower value than your camera and the pictures? I don't know about you, but I also very much prefer a living wife rather than pictures of a dead wife to remind me of my foolishness.

simple.... save the camera

you're getting rid of a liability and keeping an asset ............... that wasnt too hard ..............and getting a new wife is fun LOL ........

Last edited:
Both can be saved. Your DSLR is inside a waterproof casing. But in the process, YOU will be caught by the underwater weeds and drown.

wah lau eh, nobody notice the photo opportunity happening around you.

throw the dslr to the wife and use a video recorder to record her struggles

simple.... save the camera

you're getting rid of a liability and keeping an asset ............... that wasnt too hard ...................and getting a new wife is fun LOL .........

LOL! good one

Last edited:
Seriously... It really really depends on how your wife treats you...

Actually it depend on how your wife drop into the river... accident or you delibrately pushes her in. if the latter... er... the answer is clear, save the camera and earn the insurance. If it was an accident, no matter how much you hated her, save the wife.

For me... I will save the wife... didn't care what relationship we have right now... she is a person and she must be saved to my best effort.