Wife/GF vs Photography (was Finally got the D100)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by Kho King
wow...5.5k...r u married?;p
no, willy is not married.
He does have a girlfriend however .... hmmm, never knew you were that way inclined, Kho King...... :eek: :what: ;p :bsmilie:

Originally posted by willyfoo
After 8 months of waiting for a D-SLR, I finally got the D100.

I bought together with it the
Nikon AFS 24-85 F3.5-4.5(G) (IF)
Nikon SB-80DX Speedlight
1 GB Microdrive

Would be nice if you could breakdown the price for the benefit of those who intend to pruchase the above items. Thanks.

Oh no...don't misunderstand...I was wondering if he is married, then how will his wife react with that kind of big spent...:dunno:

Now I wonder if there is any "sound" from his gf...if she knows about the S$5k on camera...not many people earning S$5k per month...right?:confused:

I tested with my gf...and she said she will divorce me if I spend that much money on photographic equipment...:cry:

I tested with my gf...and she said she will divorce me if I spend that much money on photographic equipment...:cry:

Just tell her it's about say 1.5k and don't let her see the bill. Works everytime.

Oh no...don't misunderstand...I was wondering if he is married, then how will his wife react with that kind of big spent...:dunno:

Now I wonder if there is any "sound" from his gf...if she knows about the S$5k on camera...not many people earning S$5k per month...right?:confused:

koh, then you have alot to learn from out "experienced" married guys like Darren and Edmund :p hehehe HAHAH !!!!!!!

Originally posted by hpong

Just tell her it's about say 1.5k and don't let her see the bill. Works everytime.

Buy her a $6k trinket from Tiffany. If she asks how much your camera costs, just say 'less than the trinket I bought you'. Also note that you cannot reuse this answer. If you buy a plasma TV, you have to get another trinket... in the $20k range i suppose ;)

kekekek ... aiya, just pulling your leg ;p.

Now I wonder if there is any "sound" from his gf...if she knows about the S$5k on camera
Got! And I can vouch that they are good sounds ;p cos she can use the camera too....

...not many people earning S$5k per month...right?
ah... but got many ppl earning S$4990 per month.... ;p

I tested with my gf...and she said she will divorce me if I spend that much money on photographic equipment...
Kho King ... RUN! Don't Walk! away from her ... and find someone that enjoys photography as much as you do .... we can recommend some female ClubSNAPpers to you (well, male also can if you want)....

haha! kidding only on the last statement, don't take it to heart!!

And with regards to wife, heh heh, lets just say I have been there and done both what hpong and erwinx posted...... photography is an expensive hobby alright.

Or you can also use this ploy - ask your GF/wife this question:-
"Dear, help me to choose something to pass my time - drinking, womanising or photography?"

Originally posted by erwinx

Buy her a $6k trinket from Tiffany. If she asks how much your camera costs, just say 'less than the trinket I bought you'. Also note that you cannot reuse this answer. If you buy a plasma TV, you have to get another trinket... in the $20k range i suppose ;)

I don't think I have that much of pocket money for both the trinket and Nikon... :( she will definitely be the tresurer at home...:cry:

:( she will definitely be the tresurer at home...:cry:

oh oh, she got you into that "Your money is my money, my money is my money" trap already .... *palms face* *shake head*

I don't think I have that much of pocket money for both the trinket and Nikon... :( she will definitely be the tresurer at home...:cry:

try this

but the cheapest thing I can get from tiffany, then swap the receipts :p TADAHH !!! now you have a $200 DSLR and a $6000 tiffany piece of metal. :p

Originally posted by Darren

Or you can also use this ploy - ask your GF/wife this question:-
"Dear, help me to choose something to pass my time - drinking, womanising or photography?"

Ahh...yes...women should understand that PHOTOGRAPHY is really a .healthy hobby. However...it is still hard for them to justify between a S$99 P&S and a S$3999 SLR...:confused:

Might take some times to get her familiarize with the climbing figure of my photography spent. My first Nikon is S$600...2nd one is S$1200, third one is S$1500...so she is getting "little" feeling with the figure anymore. However...if jump too fast from S$1.5k to S$5k...then die.:what:

errr... erm.. Actually its a good investment as you will be able to capture moments that could be priceless and also the satisfaction gained cannot be bought by any other means. ;)

Besides, it is not an impulse purchase, much "R&D" have to be done before you commit to make that decision. So I think you'll have to have some faith in your partner that he did not made that purchase decision impulsively but through much thinking and advises sought from friends and reviews, being aware of the functions, its ability to perform ( winning shots.. keke) and of coz the ROI (be it tangible or not) that he will reap. :D

Originally posted by rueyloon
try this

but the cheapest thing I can get from tiffany, then swap the receipts :p TADAHH !!! now you have a $200 DSLR and a $6000 tiffany piece of metal. :p
erm, *koff koff* it's kinda hard to disguise that the tiffany piece of metal came from AP or CP. :D

Hi Violett,
Are you a SHE?;p

How old r u? Any boyfriend? What's your current equipment? Nikon or Canon?:p

Hi Violett,
Are you a SHE?;p

How old r u? Any boyfriend? What's your current equipment? Nikon or Canon?:p

hahaha... erm.. :bsmilie: I am a 'She' and also the "SHE" you all have been refering to. I'm holding a Coolpix 4500 now, just got it recently as a present ;p .... used to be holding a coolpix 950

now you understad why Darren say that "Got! And I can vouch that they are good sounds cos she can use the camera too...."

;)

...it is still hard for them to justify between a S$99 P&S and a S$3999 SLR...
worse still, your GF/wife says her $99 P&S take better picture than your $3999 SLR :embrass: Common comment "See, the picture i take, everything sharp; yours the background blur blur one" and of course, your argument that SLR can control DOF, bokeh is better, etc. falls on deaf ears ... sigh.... been there and experienced that too....

Might take some times to get her familiarize with the climbing figure of my photography spent. My first Nikon is S$600...2nd one is S$1200, third one is S$1500...so she is getting "little" feeling with the figure anymore. However...if jump too fast from S$1.5k to S$5k...then die.
time to tell her about the declining cost of cameras due to technology ;) Make comments like "Wow! This new camera so advanced but only cost $500 because they change to plastic lens" or "Hey honey, look at this camera - professional level can take very good photos, but only $990 because they use this special low-cost mass-produced photochip and its made in China".

women always get what they want as a present...but we guys...have to buy ourselves and spare some money for the present for them...:cry:

Originally posted by Darren
worse still, your GF/wife says her $99 P&S take better picture than your $3999 SLR :embrass: Common comment "See, the picture i take, everything sharp; yours the background blur blur one" and of course, your argument that SLR can control DOF, bokeh is better, etc. falls on deaf ears ... sigh.... been there and experienced that too....

Not forgetting she complaining why me not in the center(rule of third can't apply to her...) :confused:

Not forgetting she complaining why me not in the center(rule of third can't apply to her...) :confused:

Don't forget that after you buy all those expensive AFS/ED/L/Leica glass, your gf/wife/whoever says "Wah liao, can see all my pimples!"
:D

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.