Widest Range of Pentax Lenses

ElephantSnapper

Oct 3, 2012
Singapore
Hello Friends,

Which store in Singapore has the widest range of Pentax Lenses? I am very new to the Pentax system and I would like to know which store has the widest variety and is the most trusted when it comes to Pentax system?

Thanks!

SLR revolution at funan or orient photo at Sim lim .

Thanks guys. Went to SLRR today and they have a lot of choices! Felt bad that I chose the tamron 17-50 f2.8 instead of the pentax 35mm f2.8 macro limited though.

Should have gotten the DA*16-50mm F2.8 . . .

DA*16-50 is one of the best if you have budget. Else get tamron 17-50/2.8 for the time being.

i thought u will be getting pentax 17-70/f4

I think dun need to fell bad as you can always explore with the tamron 17-50mm and let's say after shooting 500 pictures,review what is the focal length that you shoot with mostly with the 17-50,then get the prime lens of the choice later on,as i find that pentax prime lenses should not be miss out and also for the zoom lenses,the Da16-50 and 50-135 is really not bad but i have yet to try out the 12-24 though..for super wide you can even look at the sigma 10-20 or tamron 10-24 if you want something wider than the 17-50 that you using currently.

I am very new here so just my $0.02 just to get you started yeah.

edutilos- said:
Haha, if you have the $ la.. But the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 is very good value for money.. No one can deny that. A bit noisy when focusing though.

I think tamron 17 50 Is the best value for price. Doesn't really compromise image quality. Go YouTube channel photouniverse and hear from ed his review on 17 50. pentaxforum mentioned that 16 50 has it's problems as well. I think main diff is weather sealed.

DA*16-50 is one of the best if you have budget. Else get tamron 17-50/2.8 for the time being.

i thought u will be getting pentax 17-70/f4

I already have the DA*6-50, the 50-200WR, the DFA 100WR, the DA8-135WR, FA43, FA77, K85 F1.8, Rokinon 85 F1.4 . . .

Wanna get a 77mm.. who want to off load?? Lol

By the way, just put new 50mm 1.8 through good use, more than 300 shots done. Impressed by its quality! Cover a wedding dinner with 16-50, 31 and 50 1.8... great lens!!

I already have the DA*6-50, the 50-200WR, the DFA 100WR, the DA8-135WR, FA43, FA77, K85 F1.8, Rokinon 85 F1.4 . . .

U the the final 31 .... To complete yr princess . Ha

I mean TS not u Felix haha.

U the the final 31 .... To complete yr princess . Ha

Yah lor felix..left the FA31 only! somehow people asking me to go for one too..but still thinking!HAHA

i am new to dslr. just to check is shooting angle for 16-50 differ alot compare to 17-50? I am looking more into landscape photography and travel photography for time being... I understand wide angle prime lens would be first choice but i have kinda tight budget... so thinking in between 16-50 or 17-50. cause i understand from my friend 16-50 will have a wider angle but not sure how much is the different.

KelvinChooi said:
i am new to dslr. just to check is shooting angle for 16-50 differ alot compare to 17-50? I am looking more into landscape photography and travel photography for time being... I understand wide angle prime lens would be first choice but i have kinda tight budget... so thinking in between 16-50 or 17-50. cause i understand from my friend 16-50 will have a wider angle but not sure how much is the different.

1mm only... Can live with it lah... If tight budget just get the 17-50. Its decent.

Thanks guys. I guess you are right, I need to explore with the 17-50 f2.8 first. I wanted to take advantage of the famous Pentax Limited primes that's why I was not really satisfied with my choice. Anyway, the plan is to buy the 70mm prime next. :) The thought makes me happy.

I have used the tamron before with my Nikon and it stayed on my camera 90% of the time so I guess I was just not feeling that I have a new system! ;-) The first impression on the K5 + tamron 17-50 is really good! :) my first images are quite crisp according to my standard. :p

felixcat8888 said:
OOps kekeke

Felix..... We know that you know that we know that you know that you REALLY want to get the Fa31... Don't act surprised hor~

LoL!!! Get it already and be done! Hahaha!