Widest angle option for P&S cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

since63

Nov 18, 2005
Hi,

Without having to venture into DSLR, what is the widest angle options for P&S cameras Thank You.

:)

24mm so far i think.

Lumix which has 25mm Wide Angle and 12X zoom 12.1megapixels

Cheers ..

Lumix which has 25mm Wide Angle and 12X zoom 12.1megapixels

Cheers ..

Thank You for your recommendation.

My friend has a 28mm Lumix and she didn't think highly of it. Now she want to get a better camera with a lense that is even wider than 28mm. Any other brand?

How about good P&S camera with a wide angle adapter?

Thanks again. :)

Thanks again Guys.

How about DSLK like camera + wide angle adapter? Or G10 with wide angle adapter? Any good? Thanks. :)

WA adapter can be an option, but I would advise that it has controls for the aperture to be stopped down (f11 or higher is best (not too sure if there is such a PnS btw), but mine only does f8)
There is usually quite a bit of softness at the corners with the WA adapter and stopping down will help.

WA adapter can be an option, but I would advise that it has controls for the aperture to be stopped down (f11 or higher is best (not too sure if there is such a PnS btw), but mine only does f8)
There is usually quite a bit of softness at the corners with the WA adapter and stopping down will help.

Hello pinholecam,

May I know which camera are you using and also with which WA adapter? Thanks. :)

Currently, Lumix LX3 has the widest end at 24mm (35mm equivalent).

Hello rendition,

Do you know for the LX3 with the WA adapter, how wie can it go? Thanks. :)

Hello pinholecam,

May I know which camera are you using and also with which WA adapter? Thanks. :)

Canon A590 with Raynox HD-6600.
35mm is widest on the camera itself.
MHO, f8 (max for this cam) still not enough for sharpness at corners. Its really more of a 'filler' lens/WA usage, and thats how I use it.
Think the best results from the Raynox 6600 has been from Canon Powershot S series and Fuji prosumers.

Canon A590 with Raynox HD-6600.
35mm is widest on the camera itself.
MHO, f8 (max for this cam) still not enough for sharpness at corners. Its really more of a 'filler' lens/WA usage, and thats how I use it.
Think the best results from the Raynox 6600 has been from Canon Powershot S series and Fuji prosumers.

Thanks Pinholecam,

With the Raynox HD-6600, how wide can the 35mm be converted? Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.