Wide angle rangefinders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luc

Apr 7, 2002
lucpher.com
hi there,

i am new to the world of rangefinders. Just asking if there are any recommended rangewiders with a fixed wide angle lens(28mm or wider). If not, what are the alternatives?

if u don't mind compact cameras, ricoh has a GR21, and the GR1V. They are 21mm and 28mm respectively. Alternatively, and much cheaper, get a voigtlander bessa L or R and get their 21mm or 15mm or 12mm lenses. Very good.

thanks for the information.

the Ultra Wide Heliar 12 mm going for US$700...*cough*..*cough*...ahem..hmm....

think i will search around for a Ricoh GR21..

szekiat said:
if u don't mind compact cameras, ricoh has a GR21, and the GR1V. They are 21mm and 28mm respectively. Alternatively, and much cheaper, get a voigtlander bessa L or R and get their 21mm or 15mm or 12mm lenses. Very good.

luc said:
If not, what are the alternatives?
How about something like the Hasselblad X-pan or Fujifilm TX-1 which allows you to take standard 35mm frame sizes as well as panoramic wide angles with the flick of a switch? That way, you don't necessarily need to have very wide angle lenses.

SzennyBoy said:
How about something like the Hasselblad X-pan or Fujifilm TX-1 which allows you to take standard 35mm frame sizes as well as panoramic wide angles with the flick of a switch? That way, you do necessarily need to have very wide angle lenses.
i've really been wondering the cost of an X-pan...say...how much is it? and eyah..i too is looking for a wide angle rangfinder, that i could set something manually.

khairi said:
i've really been wondering the cost of an X-pan...say...how much is it? and eyah..i too is looking for a wide angle rangfinder, that i could set something manually.

X-pan more than 2k..

What's the cost of Ricoh GR21 and GR1V now? They look very attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.