Wide angle rangefinders?


Status
Not open for further replies.

luc

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
112
0
0
lucpher.com
hi there,

i am new to the world of rangefinders. Just asking if there are any recommended rangewiders with a fixed wide angle lens(28mm or wider). If not, what are the alternatives?
 

szekiat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
2,252
0
0
London
Visit site
if u don't mind compact cameras, ricoh has a GR21, and the GR1V. They are 21mm and 28mm respectively. Alternatively, and much cheaper, get a voigtlander bessa L or R and get their 21mm or 15mm or 12mm lenses. Very good.
 

luc

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
112
0
0
lucpher.com
thanks for the information.

the Ultra Wide Heliar 12 mm going for US$700...*cough*..*cough*...ahem..hmm....

think i will search around for a Ricoh GR21..

szekiat said:
if u don't mind compact cameras, ricoh has a GR21, and the GR1V. They are 21mm and 28mm respectively. Alternatively, and much cheaper, get a voigtlander bessa L or R and get their 21mm or 15mm or 12mm lenses. Very good.
 

SzennyBoy

New Member
Mar 3, 2002
690
0
0
49
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
luc said:
If not, what are the alternatives?
How about something like the Hasselblad X-pan or Fujifilm TX-1 which allows you to take standard 35mm frame sizes as well as panoramic wide angles with the flick of a switch? That way, you don't necessarily need to have very wide angle lenses.
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
36
44
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
SzennyBoy said:
How about something like the Hasselblad X-pan or Fujifilm TX-1 which allows you to take standard 35mm frame sizes as well as panoramic wide angles with the flick of a switch? That way, you do necessarily need to have very wide angle lenses.
i've really been wondering the cost of an X-pan...say...how much is it? and eyah..i too is looking for a wide angle rangfinder, that i could set something manually.
 

behyx

Senior Member
Jun 15, 2002
2,662
0
36
38
SG
khairi said:
i've really been wondering the cost of an X-pan...say...how much is it? and eyah..i too is looking for a wide angle rangfinder, that i could set something manually.

X-pan more than 2k..
 

ical

New Member
Jan 25, 2004
103
0
0
Pasir Ris
What's the cost of Ricoh GR21 and GR1V now? They look very attractive.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.