wide angle or portrait lens for model shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.. because i'm figuring that it might be a little easier on the pocket if i went that way instead of getting the 85mm f1.8. i dont know how much that 1 stop is worth thou.. the ability to do macro is a great bonus!

hmm.. because i'm figuring that it might be a little easier on the pocket if i went that way instead of getting the 85mm f1.8. i dont know how much that 1 stop is worth thou.. the ability to do macro is a great bonus!

Hmm. It's 1 1/3 stops, which can be quite a lot. Just think, at f/2.8, your shutter speed is half of that at f/2, assuming same subject and lighting.

1 stop sounds pretty painful. but does that extra stop make a huge difference? i'm hoping to double the ISO and save the money.

actually, i would prefer the 60mm micro because i probably would end up doing more product than insects shots. 1:1 isn't super important to me anyway. but it seems that 60mm isn't good for portraits.

the 3 lenses work out to be almost the same price.

1 stop sounds pretty painful. but does that extra stop make a huge difference? i'm hoping to double the ISO and save the money.

actually, i would prefer the 60mm micro because i probably would end up doing more product than insects shots. 1:1 isn't super important to me anyway. but it seems that 60mm isn't good for portraits.

the 3 lenses work out to be almost the same price.

In what way is the 60mm not good for portraits?

The 85 and 105 mm were selected for its perspective compression effect on the facial features and not the field of view (ie crop).

Hence directly translating a 50mm to a 75mm will not hack it.

calebk, this is whats bothering me.

Bring the portrait lens... you wouldn't want to capture so much of the background of people...;)

What is a portrait lenses? 35mm, 50mm, 60mm, 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, 200mm?
Can share some light on this matter?

17-35, 17-55, 80-200 or even 70-200 can it be use as a portrait lenses... Thanks:)

let me tell you sister
actually any lans also can be used... even fisseye

just that same lens do better than others or so i think or maybe the so-call portrait lens flatter the subject better... hhmm... think so

What is a portrait lenses? 35mm, 50mm, 60mm, 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, 200mm?
Can share some light on this matter?

17-35, 17-55, 80-200 or even 70-200 can it be use as a portrait lenses... Thanks:)

let me tell you sister
actually any lans also can be used... even fisseye

just that same lens do better than others or so i think or maybe the so-call portrait lens flatter the subject better... hhmm... think so

:kok:

your england so powderful.

fishyeye if know how 2 use proopeerrly, see liaoz beri the niceess le

The 85 and 105 mm were selected for its perspective compression effect on the facial features and not the field of view (ie crop).

Hence directly translating a 50mm to a 75mm will not hack it.
then would 105mm at at 70-300mm for example be the same?

calebk, this is whats bothering me.

It depends on what you are looking for. What is a priority to you? Is it the perspective compression, or the versatility of having a slightly wider lens, which can also perform 1:1 macro.

If both lenses are set to the same focal length and same aperture and shot at the same distance, it should be more or less the same as far as perspective and background blur is concerned.

then would 105mm at at 70-300mm for example be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.