Wide angle or PC Shift lens for home interior shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Aug 13, 2005
Local
Never own a PC tilt & shift lens so not sure which is a better option for shooting home interior decoration?

Anyone can help to compare n what's the pro & con for using one.:thumbsup: with picture to show lagi best.:p

cheer..

Never own a PC tilt & shift lens so not sure which is a better option for shooting home interior decoration?

Anyone can help to compare n what's the pro & con for using one.:thumbsup: with picture to show lagi best.:p

cheer..

Wide angle shift lens.

using a PC lens, the widest you can get is 24mm, so best you have a full frame body, else shoot it on film.

or you can shoot it with a 14mm prime lens, crop it in photoshop

cheer..

And if you try to search for it online, please remember it's "angle". Angel is a heavenly being.

hahha.. thank for the fast respond.. thought the wide angel lens can do wonder...:bsmilie:

it depends on what you want to achieve?

if perspective control is needed, then you don't have a choice
must either use PC lens or Large Format camera

For interiors, cam and lens is one thing, but the bigger headache is lighting and positioning of furniture/items, as well as shooting angles.

Shoot with a wide angle and correct the perspectives in PS.
Be mindful of the slight crop u will have to do when performing such.

Ryan

It is actually abit of a hassle to use a shift lens to get it straight as well. And sometimes u think u got it straight and u look abit more on PS it looks very slightly off. :dunno:

I bought along my shift lens for holidays and took architecture and building stuffs with them but with sufficient agony of the unwieldiness on tripods.

Ryan

It is actually abit of a hassle to use a shift lens to get it straight as well. And sometimes u think u got it straight and u look abit more on PS it looks very slightly off. :dunno:

I bought along my shift lens for holidays and took architecture and building stuffs with them but with sufficient agony of the unwieldiness on tripods.

Ryan

Gear heads and bubble levels are your best friends......

go for wide angel :angel:

Thank guys/gals.:thumbsup: Now can save the $ for other's thing.:p Will use wide angle lens & ps..

Why not try stitching by shooting at a slightly narrower field? To stretch it to 14mm or a fisheye, i think there will still be some compormise on distortion and corner sharpness.

I do find PC lens really difficult to use. Am not a pro, but perhaps the gurus here have their special skills in getting the job done irregardless what lens they choose to use for interior shots.

Contrary, a PC lens is not that difficult to handle. You just need to spend time to understand what it does and lots practice to gain experience. Sure is a lot less hassle compared to a view camera.

with a shift lens, can also try stitching shots taken by shifting the lens without changing tilt... it would be much easier than stitching shots taken by tilting the camera, even one mounted on a pano head...

Gear heads and bubble levels are your best friends......

There are actually some users ( on photo net ) that likes travelling and shooting handheld with shift lenses.

with a shift lens, can also try stitching shots taken by shifting the lens without changing tilt... it would be much easier than stitching shots taken by tilting the camera, even one mounted on a pano head...

I find i do that more often than correcting tilt of buildings when traveling :bsmilie:

There are actually some users ( on photo net ) that likes travelling and shooting handheld with shift lenses.

I know. I use my TS-E 24 as a wide angle standard lens wherever I go. But if you are struggling with keeping your verticals and horizons right, those are things that can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.