Wide angle lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

motomoto

Dec 1, 2008
licensedtoshoot.blogspot.com
Hi guys, will be going to india next year to study for 6 weeks as part of my school's programme and i was thinking of getting a wide angle lens. Search around the forum and i'm still rather clueless on what to get :X Don't really have a budget as i don't want to hold it back but most probably under 1k.

Hope you guys out there can share some light and it would be even better if there are sample shots together with the price range of the lens.

Currently using a canon 400D with EF S17-85IS USM lens. Thanks in advance guys ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys, will be going to india next year to study for 6 weeks as part of my school's programme and i was thinking of getting a wide angle lens. Search around the forum and i'm still rather clueless on what to get :X Don't really have a budget as i don't want to hold it back but most probably under 1k.

Hope you guys out there can share some light and it would be even better if there are sample shots together with the price range of the camera.

Currently using a canon 400D with EF S17-85IS USM lens. Thanks in advance guys ;)

Isn't your 17mm wide enough? the 17-85 is a good walkabout lens

so... are u looking for camera or lens? your paragraphs are confusing things up.

if you need something wider than your current kit, then the canon 10-22mm would be good. :)

I believe you are looking for UWA lens.... Ultra Wide Angle :bsmilie:

Canon EF-S 10-22mm if you could afford it....

Sigma 10-20mm EX DC - Tokina AF 11-16mm or AF 12-24mm - Tamron SP 11-18mm or SP 10-24mm .... if buget is tight.

Try 2nd hand lens at the Buy/Sell selection.....:thumbsup:

IMHO, Canon EF-S 10-22mm is the best bet for budget and quality...

If it is UWA you want, get the Canon 10-22. I have it, it's a fantastic lens. Great fun. Just don't use it for portraits at the wide end and expect the subject to look flattering. There are several 3rd party alternatives, but I have no personal experience with them, so I won't regurgitate what you can find from online reviews (or the other threads here). Have fun in India.

ups for 10-22mm~ Worth the investment and it dont really cost that much as compare to others. :) My fav lens before switch to Nikon.

Status
Not open for further replies.