Wide Angle Lense advice needed fOR d90

wnltrading

Aug 24, 2010
Hi

i have a D90, thinking of getting a wide angle lense.
Which is a good one to get for starter. ?

Any lens can be good for a starter. Define your budget, define your focal length. Your kit lens covers already the wide angle. Tokina 11-16 is an Ultra Wide Angle lens.

there are at least 10 different uwa zoom lenses specifically made for a cropped frame like a nikon D90.
Depending on your budget, what other features you are looking for in an uwa lens and what cons you can tolerate with the lens.

A few other things you might like to ask yourself is, how wide do you want to go, if it is widest, it will be the sigma 8-16 but can you tolerate one of the cons of not having lens thread.... another question that you may also like to ask is are you willing to pay for the extra premium for the nikkor 10-24 over a sigma 10-24 for that bit of better image quality (I know some people beg to be differ on this but I just take it from a couple of review I have read).....etc etc.

Enjoy reading up the reviews for these lenses.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/786793-Mastering-the-UWA-lens

but if TS is just looking for just a wide angle lens and not an ultra wide angle one, the kit lens at 18mm focal length should be quite sufficient.

I have a Tokina 12-24 for my D90. Seldom use it. Can't stand the vignetting and barrel distortion. If you need a wide shot, do two or three using a 18-xxx and stitch it up as a panorama.