wide angle lens for landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony753

Sep 9, 2006
hi all, i'm a newbie here, any good & cheap wide angle lens to recommend for landscape shooting??? i'm a Nikon DSLR user. :sweat:

Razor54 said:
Second the Tokina 12-24mm....:thumbsup:
third the Tokina 12-24mm... own one myself. sharp lens and very good construction:thumbsup:

thanks for all the info....:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: NIKON!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ExplorerZ said:
third the Tokina 12-24mm... own one myself. sharp lens and very good construction:thumbsup:

How much does it cost .... :think:
Care to share a picture or two taken this lens ???
Thanks .... :)

Edward77 said:
How much does it cost .... :think:
Care to share a picture or two taken this lens ???
Thanks .... :)
iirc 860 from MS color
for pic... let me see...
http://hkchew.multiply.com/photos/album/82
some taken with the tokina 12-24 and some with the nikon 80-200... should be easy to identify the different

Check out KRW review of the digital WA zoom lenses available. There are also many such reviews on the net. Check those out.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digital-wide-zooms/comparison.htm

I got the Tokina 12-24 f4 lens recently from CP at $900+ that comes with all the freebies like the Lowepro Compu Backpack, CF card, etc.

Thanks blive & ExplorerZ ....
I now have better insight into the lens I wanted .... ;)

blive said:
I think it was about $920,and pay $50 more for the promotional items, which isa good deal.
seems like MS is giving a better dial IF CP doesn't have that promotion. @ $920 can get the lens + a hoya HMC 77mm filter. :thumbsup:

ExplorerZ said:
seems like MS is giving a better dial IF CP doesn't have that promotion. @ $920 can get the lens + a hoya HMC 77mm filter. :thumbsup:
Don't think there ia any more promotion. $50 for the compubackpack, 1gb CF card, etc is a good deal. Worth it just for the compu backpack, which is like >$100 at CP.

blive said:
Good. I got the Tokina after reading the review, and Its great for travelling, landscape. No regrets, though I had no use for the hood.
actually i like the hood... this lens got a 77mm front which is pretty big, and the hood helps me to avoid me or stranger from accidently touching it. :sweat:

Went to AMK for lunch near MS Color ....
The 12~24mm F4 Tokina cost $880 .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.