wide angle lens for dslr 30d

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalimantan

Apr 10, 2007
which lens give better shots for dslr 30d ?

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Lens

or

Canon EFS 10-22mm F3.5-5.6 USM Lens

Actually 2 lens are diff. 10-22 is very wide, good for landscape and creative shot, but if you want to shoot event most of the time with people portrait. get the 16-35. Depend on what you want, if have $$ get both since these lenses compliment each other.

Actually 2 lens are diff. 10-22 is very wide, good for landscape and creative shot, but if you want to shoot event most of the time with people portrait. get the 16-35. Depend on what you want, if have $$ get both since these lenses compliment each other.

agree...:confused:

You need both :lovegrin:
but if you want landscape mainly.. 10-22 will be your answer.. That focal length not for portrait

say i m taking landscape and subject face together and subject is in front of landscape or besides the landscape, so what would be the choice ?

if "purely" landscape with no subject, 10-22 will be fine.

say i m taking landscape and subject face together and subject is in front of landscape or besides the landscape, so what would be the choice ?

if "purely" landscape with no subject, 10-22 will be fine.

ask yourself if 16mm is wide enough on your 30D... and you don't need so wide... go test it out... if yes, go for 16-35MII :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I ended up getting both for different applications.. 16-35 is one great lens for wedding coverage.. esp in tight setup on a 30D ;)

10-22mm for pure wide angle.. great for landscapes...

16-35 if u want a more general range, something like a walkaround lens...

if u use 10-22 for environmental portraits it'll be very good too.. just that at the very wide ends u might get distortion... personally i'd still go with the 10-22...

I have both 10-22 and 17-40 (16-35 is only slightly wider)
The diff between 10 and 16 is quite a lot so it all depends how wide you need to get.
Both are very good and also expensive lenses.

Just ask yourself if you need a fast lens. If yes, go for the 16-35 f/2.8 II. If not, the 17-40 f/4 will be just as good.

EFS 10-22 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS and you cover a good range

Get the 10-22 anf Sigma 18-200 and you are covered:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: nice piece of advise for pple who dont want to change lenses

10-22 is great if you want to show others the scenary/landscape which you liked.. but beware if you shoot people with carelessness.. it might become funny.. 10-22 is great lens.. i have it on 400d..

17-40L will fit the bill. alot of people selling it here.

any thought of getting the 17-55 F2.8?

The price of this lens have drop alot. Personally I dun feel it is worth that price (between 1.4 - 1.6k) Rather you get the 17-40 F4.

Review for this lens not so good from the net.

No matter what it is... if you stick on to 1.6x, you will definitely come back to 10-22 one day... 10mm perpective really makes you drool.. trust me :bsmilie:

If you have the intention to upgrade to full frame body later, I would advise you to get 16-35, because 10-22 is EFS mount, cannot be used on full frame body.

Forget about FF or not FF bro... that might be a year or 2 time if you really want to upgrade... you can always sell the 10-22 away when moving to FF... What's impt now is to shoot shoot shoot :lovegrin: I regret consider too long and eventually still get the 10-22 and I am enjoying it every moment on my 30D... Yes, I will definitely go FF (soon)... but 10-22 is one great lens that is easy to sell ;) You don't see so many copies out there in B&S... most owners are keeping this gem :thumbsup:

i had just bought these len for my 3yr old 20d, i keep telling myself to wait for full frame.
but its seem too long,wasted 3yr of wide angle shot on my 20d.Here are some test shot of
this baby.:)

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.