Wide Angle len for my FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.
rawbean said:
my 1st wide angle test ...

P1010028_edited-2.jpg

Hi Rawbean,
Are you able to compare this with a photo without the wide angle lens?
That would probably give us a better understanding on the difference it makes.
Thanks!

huggable said:
tao,

I've just got a new WCON08 for US$20 off ebay, and thought I got a good catch. Is the picture quality of the WCON08 very much inferior to the WCON08B?

wah...that's cheap...too cheap...wonder if there's anything wrong with it....
chipped casing still can tahan but chipped optics...?

So now I know the "b" means "Best"! :)
But what about the difference between the WCON07 and WCON08?
Also, seems like these who are already no longer on sale by Olympus, having been replacec by the "B" series...

The condition is "new and unused", so happened nobody fought with me to raise the bids! Before that I bidded at US$30 for an used WCON-08, but the winning bid was US$31. So it was a blessing in disguist.

I have yet to know the total shipping costs. So hope I got a good deal! *fingers crossed*

airconvent said:
wah...that's cheap...too cheap...wonder if there's anything wrong with it....
chipped casing still can tahan but chipped optics...?

alamak..just realised this guy only ships to the US....sigh...

It's ok, the seller of my WCON also ships to USA only. I'm using vpost USA to ship it to SG. We can combine shipping even!!

that's great! but again too late...auction over liao...I was actually preparing to hit it at the last few seconds...heh heh

Anyway the price has gone way too high... :nono:

huggable said:
Anyway the price has gone way too high... :nono:

yes..but still much lower than if you bought a second hand one in Singapore, right? I know a brand new one is around $180, so a second hand one would logically be around $100-120?

Yeah, but there are hidden costs like insurance, the bank's (high) exchange rates, and potential problems if the wrong product was sent or damaged. To safe these trouble it could be more worth to get it locally. :sweatsm:

Anyway I can afford to wait, let's see how my WCON turn out!

haha gd luck to ur new purchase bro huggable!!!

anyway i went cathy today and he recommend me a third party lens for Fz5, giotoyo.....or sth along this line for abt 90 dollars

i not sure abt this brand
anyone can enlighten???

thanks
alex

fuse said:
haha gd luck to ur new purchase bro huggable!!!

anyway i went cathy today and he recommend me a third party lens for Fz5, giotoyo.....or sth along this line for abt 90 dollars

i not sure abt this brand
anyone can enlighten???

thanks
alex

the first test is to attach it to your camera, point towards their display shelf and see if the top straight line is curved. I noticed the abc brands tend to do this.

airconvent said:
the first test is to attach it to your camera, point towards their display shelf and see if the top straight line is curved. I noticed the abc brands tend to do this.

i went down to the newly renovated MS and happen to see a cathay branch there, wasnt having my cam with me

will go back to their pennisula branch to test test

ok...alot of people are recommending the WCON08 but as we all know, decently priced second hand ones are few and far between.

I've been reading and can't seem to figure out how to understand those filter lens. As a greedy person, I'm looking for a lens that can do both wide and macro. I know Vitacon has one but some people have panned it completely.
I checked out these Tamron and Sigma lens and they are all rated in xxmm-xxmm, eg 18mm-200mm. how should I use this figure to interpret its usefulness for my FZ5 (which already has some macro built in).

What would be a good combo set? Is using step up/down ring a disadvantage?

I read about this Tamron lens that was specifically designed for small CCD digital cameras like the Lumix series (Xr DI II AF18-200mm). Is this good?

thanks in advance.

Finally got my WCON-08 at my doorstep last Friday. Managed to take a few test shots with and w/o the WCON. The additional area captured is definately worth the $$!

FZ5 at 36mm, with WCON-08
P1050027.jpg

FZ5 at 36mm, w/o WCON-08
P1050028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.