Wide Angle Conversion for FZ 50/ FZ30

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnwt88

Aug 29, 2006
hi all,

other than the official wide angle conversion by panasonic which is very expensive, is there any other good value for money wide angle lens suitable for FZ50/ FZ30?

is there a friendly, reliable shop to get it?

thanks in advance

Try olympus T-Con 07. new 1 is about $150

ExplorerZ said:
Try olympus T-Con 07. new 1 is about $150

where can i get it? do i need any adapter? is it fully compartible with the program setting in the cam?

thanks again for your prompt reply;

vnwt88 said:
where can i get it? do i need any adapter? is it fully compartible with the program setting in the cam?

thanks again for your prompt reply;

Err, he got it wrong, it should be WCon-07 (wide converter). T-con means teleconverter :sweatsm:

Try getting em from the usual shops like AP or CP, or maybe in the BnS section. Do note that Wcon07 has abit of problem with Fz30. Read this up for potential problems of using the wcon07 on the Fz30 : http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/Converters/WCON07/WCON07-Prob.html

Alternatively, you can spend abit more for raynox wide angle lenses. There is a thread on the mass-order/consumer section on it. Look for morphis or head to this thread : http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=189427

the wcon07 is the most bang for buck teleconverter, in my experience of use with the Fz5... but the raynox looks quite good, so if you have abit more to spend, go for the raynox lenses.

also, when you use a wcon07, DO NOT ZOOM IN! That defeats the purpose of the wcon, and that's to widen the field of view.

metallilan said:
Err, he got it wrong, it should be WCon-07 (wide converter). T-con means teleconverter :sweatsm:

Try getting em from the usual shops like AP or CP, or maybe in the BnS section. Do note that Wcon07 has abit of problem with Fz30. Read this up for potential problems of using the wcon07 on the Fz30 : http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/Converters/WCON07/WCON07-Prob.html

Alternatively, you can spend abit more for raynox wide angle lenses. There is a thread on the mass-order/consumer section on it. Look for morphis or head to this thread : http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=189427

the wcon07 is the most bang for buck teleconverter, in my experience of use with the Fz5... but the raynox looks quite good, so if you have abit more to spend, go for the raynox lenses.

also, when you use a wcon07, DO NOT ZOOM IN! That defeats the purpose of the wcon, and that's to widen the field of view.

thanks for all the info; will wcon 07 cause prob for the FZ50?

also is there a shop for the raynox lens for that dont have to wait for mass order?

thanks again

genegoh said:
I think it's the TCON-17, not TCON-07 ;)
hehe yea i know... was watch tv when typing so din really think that well :bsmilie: :embrass:

vnwt88 said:
thanks for all the info; will wcon 07 cause prob for the FZ50?

also is there a shop for the raynox lens for that dont have to wait for mass order?

thanks again

Not very sure. Try PM'ing Jim_McGill - the threadstarter for the raynox MO or Morphis, they'll be able to help you out.

Not so sure if the wcon-07 will cause the same problem to the FZ50, but because those 2 models are similar, the chances are quite high..

i noticed a drop in image quality when i used the converter; is it normal? what does the camera setting adjust when u set to wide conversion other than cut the internal flash?

thanks

vnwt88 said:
i noticed a drop in image quality when i used the converter; is it normal? what does the camera setting adjust when u set to wide conversion other than cut the internal flash?

thanks

did you zoom in? i know that wide-converters are not meant to be zoomed in as it only widens the field of view at the widest end of the lens(1x zoom).

metallilan said:
did you zoom in? i know that wide-converters are not meant to be zoomed in as it only widens the field of view at the widest end of the lens(1x zoom).

no, i did not zoom in;

which wide lens did u buy ? i am using e emolux wide lens n the pic quality still remains e same ... juz tat need to zoom abit to remove the distortion on e edges

using original lumix wide converter and the recommedation is that to set the zoom to 35mm else will not function properly;

could it be wider angle so less pixel to cover more details?

also i thought i will be very impressed by the fz50 BUT kind of disappointed. i was using a fz20;

for the matter, i think the fz20 shoots better than my TZ1 too;

i am also nt sure wat's ur problem ... maybe u set ur ISO to 80 n disable the noise reduction fuction has enabling it will cause lost of details....

ivantoh7 said:
i am also nt sure wat's ur problem ... maybe u set ur ISO to 80 n disable the noise reduction fuction has enabling it will cause lost of details....

fz50 has no iso 80; my fz20 has; so overall i am more impressed when i got my fz20 than when i got my fz50

raynox have some pretty afforable..

Status
Not open for further replies.