Wide Angle Con for FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaniecow

Mar 23, 2003
Does anyone know which 3rd party wide angle con is suitable for fz20. I checked out the original wide angle con for fz20 at AP FUNAN and they are selling for $400. and the factor is only 0.8 if i remember...

beaniecow said:
Does anyone know which 3rd party wide angle con is suitable for fz20. I checked out the original wide angle con for fz20 at AP FUNAN and they are selling for $400. and the factor is only 0.8 if i remember...

The following is the test shot for the WCON I bought (3rd party, made in Japan, and combination of WCON + Macro), which cost me less than S$100:

WConTestShot.jpg

Event_Horizon / Jim Davis,

Thanks for the info guys, your help is really appreciated. One question though...

Event_Horizon,

Do you know how much does the Oly WCON costs?

JimDavis,

Mind telling me where you got the WCON from? The Brand of the WCON too?

Thanks in advance :)

beaniecow said:
Event_Horizon / Jim Davis,

JimDavis,

Mind telling me where you got the WCON from? The Brand of the WCON too?

Thanks in advance :)

Ok ok....I can't remember the brand off hand, will let you know the brand when I take out my cam from car....

I got it from a shop at Lucky Plaza, where my friend works there... ;)

Got mine 2nd hand. A new Olympus wcon should be around $200+.

JimDavis said:
Ok ok....I can't remember the brand off hand, will let you know the brand when I take out my cam from car....

Is the shop next to the Mac?
I passby today, and pop in to check out some other things, and he told me he is selling the WCON at only $95.

And if I don't remember wrongly, the factor should be 0.5 according to him.

The shop name isDigicam & Electronics P/L
B1-153/4 Lucky Plaza
Look for Chris.

I don't know the brand, coz I am not intending to get one yet.

I am still trying to get my basic right.

tkp77 said:
Is the shop next to the Mac?
I passby today, and pop in to check out some other things, and he told me he is selling the WCON at only $95.

And if I don't remember wrongly, the factor should be 0.5 according to him.

The shop name isDigicam & Electronics P/L
B1-153/4 Lucky Plaza
Look for Chris.

I don't know the brand, coz I am not intending to get one yet.

I am still trying to get my basic right.

Hmmm...not at basement lar...I remember mine is 0.45....

Saw on eBay - Original 0.7x wide-angle lens Olympus WCON-07 US$105, is this a good buy? appreciate advice, thanks in advance.

../azul123

JimDavis said:

Here it comes, the brand is ProOptic, as you can see from the photo take below, it is stated as "Made in Japan"...

ProOpticlense.jpg

ProOpticlense02.jpg

ProOpticlense03.jpg

JiMDavis,

Looks very nice indeed. May i ask what is the diameter size of the WCON to fit on the the FZ20?

beaniecow said:
JiMDavis,

Looks very nice indeed. May i ask what is the diameter size of the WCON to fit on the the FZ20?

You mean the thread size? It is 58mm. If you have a lense adapter, which have a 62mm thread, then you need a step down ring (62mm - 58mm).

JimDavis said:
You mean the thread size? It is 58mm. If you have a lense adapter, which have a 62mm thread, then you need a step down ring (62mm - 58mm).

I see... thanks for the info JimDavis

Event_Horizon said:
Off topic,

How much did you pay for your Vivitar 285HV Flash?

Got it $168 from AP

JimDavis said:
The following is the test shot for the WCON I bought (3rd party, made in Japan, and combination of WCON + Macro), which cost me less than S$100:

WConTestShot.jpg

Some observation regarding the quality of the wide angle converter.

1. Four corners of the image have some darkening. Can probably fix by zooming in slightly.

2. Depend how fussy you are regarding image quality... lots of chromatic abbreviation (CA) at edge of photos. Look at the building on the left and the sky on the right. The CA extends (from edge to center) till 1/3 into the photo, by looking at the buildings on the left of the photos. If the quality is same on both side, it means only the center 1/3 of the picture is ok.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.