wide anglar lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denwa89

Sep 7, 2006
how can i know what brand of lens is expensive.... i own i vitcom w.anglar lens. last nite i was at funan just asking around price of lens n check out lens with IS. thn there was a shop i went in he show me many lens then ask me to trade in my vicom lens with a HD-Digital MC AF cost abt $600. I duno iszit a good lens but i'm abit regret for such a rush..... i hope i can make full use out of the lens. but 1 thing about the lens it can unscrew 1 part into macro. lens is made in japan. can anyone tell me iszit worth anot. lesson learn better check b4 buy!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

That sounds like the really crappy "screw on macro" that the shops try to sell to obvious newbies to make more money. If you're looking for a wide-angle lens, get a dedicated wide-angle lens from your camera manufacturer or Sigma or Tamron. Don't go for the "screw-on" type that are usually only worth SGD $20.

What camera are you buying a lens for anyway?

Sorry to hear about the fix u got into.

It pays to do more research on the item you are buying, and do not do it in a spur of a moment. You can always take time to visit another shop. This applies to the more reputable shops as well. I never rush into buying an unknown item without reading up on knowing the estimated price locally ( of course u have to know what you are also buying ) . Remain clear headed, dun be swayed by their threats or sugar coated recommendations.

Ryan

yep, It's good to take this mentality:

The people selling camera equipment no nothing about it :bsmilie:

And well, sometimes, neither do you, the buyer :sweat:

so research research research ! :thumbsup:

ya man i should had gone to camera workshop cos i know a guy there... but i just can't wait for him to come... is a very ex lesson wzthe amount i can buy a new X10IS, as i'm using S5is which i just bought $400 2nd hand which is 3 mth old, the owner find the cam very noise. so wanted to sell it cheap. very ANGRY now thinking abt it. i actually wanted to buy a flash light, i should have jus ask abt the flash n walk off but at that moment the mind like was on control forgot what u wanted thn listen to the saleman. in total i spend abt 700-800 in the shop. wide-anglar len, a bag n a flex stand. n i forgot how much i trade-in my len. duno did they deduct my old lens price anot.
angry angry.............:angry::angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.