wich tripod gd 4 takin landscapes like helix

nanochan1

Feb 2, 2009
any? budget ard below $300
want smth tt can last long, durable and not too heavy.

can consider the Slik Pro 340DX, using it, durable and on the border of the lightweight region, of course it can't compare to carbon fibre tripods.

i think most of the tripod will suit your bill of taking landscapes like Helix, there are no huge winds at that area unless you are shooting at coastal region, maybe you can consider taking a few shots more, easier for QC.

can consider the Slik Pro 340DX, using it, durable and on the border of the lightweight region, of course it can't compare to carbon fibre tripods.

i think most of the tripod will suit your bill of taking landscapes like Helix, there are no huge winds at that area unless you are shooting at coastal region, maybe you can consider taking a few shots more, easier for QC.

hw bout marina barrage? there got strong wind. got any versatile tripod i muz look out?

You can try going down TK Foto at Funan, they have a decent selection of tripods there for you to try. $300 should be more than enough to get a good aluminium tripod + ballhead.

make sure u get a light yet sturdy tripod. else i can confirm + chop u wun be using your heavy tripod that often!

wad abt manfotto n veltbon? r they gd?
i check cs search sum ppl say sirui no good leh, y?

Very subjective, I using Sirui so far so good for me at least..The one u mention all are pretty decent tripod....go and google or search the forum there are alot of review on tripod.

wad abt manfotto n veltbon? r they gd?
i check cs search sum ppl say sirui no good leh, y?

manfrotto and velbon branded mah :bsmilie:

with your budget, a decent manfrotto + ballhead is within range.

i suggest that u just go down to TK and play with their display sets. then based on those there, select something that folds up nicely and is not too heavy for u.

its impossible for pple to tell u which model is good. needs differs.

manfrotto and velbon branded mah :bsmilie:

with your budget, a decent manfrotto + ballhead is within range.

i suggest that u just go down to TK and play with their display sets. then based on those there, select something that folds up nicely and is not too heavy for u.

its impossible for pple to tell u which model is good. needs differs.

w do so tmr. any idea what to look out? sorry i m new to dis

Sirui is good. i am using coming up to 1 year already (using T1204).

been using it in singapore (pretty often), my trip to HK (survived the heavy wind at The Peak), and melbourne (Strong Winds at Great Ocean Road).

never gave me any problems at all.

not to mention its very light!

w do so tmr. any idea what to look out? sorry i m new to dis

most important factor - height :bsmilie: no point getting something small and light but not high enough.

just hands on with the tripod and make sure u're comfortable with the handling, and select a ballhead to go with it.

unless u have super heavy equipment, or u need something really specific, most tripods are ok for beginners.

u can also swing by ben photo at peninsula shopping center and look at the benro tripods. they have a thread in mass-sale as well:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641244

remember a few important points when buying:

1. tripod height is suitable for your needs

2. portability
a) weight - you won't feel like lugging a heavy tripod out, trust me
b) folded length - i just don't like long folded tripods they just get in the way

3. budget - if you got a little more money to spare just get carbon fibre. but if you are on a tight budget just get aluminium then

(if you are worried about strong wind, maybe you can just hang your camera bag below :bsmilie:)

most important factor - height :bsmilie: no point getting something small and light but not high enough.

Agree with Detritus that height is important, my old tripod was abit short and i always have to bend my back to look through the viewfinder...i bought sirui carbon fibre R1204 tripod+ G20 ball head at TK 2weeks ago, price is within your range. check out their facebook advert as mentioned by edutilos- for the price and go pay a visit someday. I tried every tripod there at least 2 times b4 finally picked one;p

1204, i will look out for that TIA

Sirui is good. i am using coming up to 1 year already (using T1204).

been using it in singapore (pretty often), my trip to HK (survived the heavy wind at The Peak), and melbourne (Strong Winds at Great Ocean Road).

never gave me any problems at all.

not to mention its very light!

I took the T1005X up the peak, very solid too
:D

My one Sirui N1004 + K10x = Meet My needs

hw bout marina barrage? there got strong wind. got any versatile tripod i muz look out?

get those tripod with a "hook" you can hang your bag/weight on it to add to the stablility.