Wi-Pics - Wireless transfer for any camera using CF Type II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
http://www.wi-pics.com/default.aspx

came across this product in this mth's issue of Shutterbug. pretty interesting, esp for those cameras without wireless transfer. according to them, as long as ur cam can use CF Type II, u can use their product.

hmmm... interesting option, esp for nikon's non D2-users or canon's 1-series users. unfortunately not sold here, AFAIK. :(

I'd stick with the WT-2 for obvious reasons. ;)

espn said:
I'd stick with the WT-2 for obvious reasons. ;)

chair1.gif

very interesting product too..

heheh... hmm.. u start la? :p

Sandisk already has this WiFi CF and SD card. Think EG also selling. Although they only sell the transmitter and you need a receiver like lika a laptop or a PC. :)

ic.. but this is a different equipment for different purpose.

hmmm i was thinking of getting one.. but the starting price of USD$1600 sorta put me off abit..

enghong17 said:
Sandisk already has this WiFi CF and SD card. Think EG also selling. Although they only sell the transmitter and you need a receiver like lika a laptop or a PC. :)

dats different. the WiFi cards sold at EG are meant for mobile devices to log on, eg at mac. this Wi-Pics thingy is a transmitter, something like the WT-1 of nikon. but, unlike the WT-1, this is not propriatory. :)

wonder if CP has any plans to bring them in... bulk orders from shops shld bring the prices down, compared to single orders direct from them. or.... pray for OEMs from China/HK/Taiwan! :sweatsm:

nightwolf75 said:
dats different. the WiFi cards sold at EG are meant for mobile devices to log on, eg at mac. this Wi-Pics thingy is a transmitter, something like the WT-1 of nikon. but, unlike the WT-1, this is not propriatory. :)

wonder if CP has any plans to bring them in... bulk orders from shops shld bring the prices down, compared to single orders direct from them. or.... pray for OEMs from China/HK/Taiwan! :sweatsm:

Haha... yupe.. i think give china or taiwan 2 -3 months they may have OEM liao... *pray pray* It really save work for this little stuff.

nightwolf75 said:
I can talk to CP about it if the orders are good and if they are willing, update me when you meet me next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.