why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfurr

Jun 20, 2008
quite a hilarious read - http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/wife.htm

HOW TO SELL YOUR WIFE (ON A NEW CAMERA)

Want domestic tranquility? Want a happy wife?

She wants great photos of her kids and family.

Don't ask her to buy a camera. She could care less about equipment. Women hate gear.

Tell her you're getting the family what it needs to create priceless memories which, presuming you backup properly, will last forever. She wouldn't want you to let these memories slip away unphotographed. You want digital because the memories can be copied and safeguarded elsewhere in case of fire, and in case of fire you can grab your spare hard drive and take everything with you in one small drive.

I got a friend whose wife reward him with camera and lense as he reduce the number of cigarettes he smokes in a day, if he increase, then the camera got locked.

she wants a private TFCD session? :devil: :devil:

women are just evil :devil:

That's not evil Ortega.

Truly evil feminine wiles would be the wife who regulates the amount of photographic gear hubby buys based on his interaction and shooting activities with XMM and any other female mollers at organised hoots or TFCDs.

The less he interacts and therefore shoots as well, the more gear he gets to buy. :sweatsm:

Eventually, and if he's a really gooood boi, he would end up with a house full of the latest and greatest and no seksi hoot to go to because if he does, all the gear gets locked up! :bsmilie:

In local context, when my wife ever wants me to buy a new cam is probably because she has wrecked the car or bought something really expensive that she did not want me to know.

haha, i think thats universal. :)

Spoken like a man married to a woman. heheheheheh
That's why man married to another man is called gay marriage. Nobody control how they spend their money = happy = gay. :p

That's why man married to another man is called gay marriage. Nobody control how they spend their money = happy = gay. :p

Actually...to be serious for a while. You are not right. If you recall the recent PROP8 which took place in the USA during about the same time as the recent Presidential Election. It was for gay rights. This is not a right for gay sexual lifestyle but PROP 8 is about money and legality of gay marriage to the same as those for straight couples according to the rules of the country..etc.

This means carry the same rights, privilleges, penalty eg.. for marriage, divorce, death will, couple benefits like spouse medical bills, enrolling their adopted children..etc. So even for folks of the alternative lifestyle... money and buying matters are seeking to be legitimize too.

Spoken like a man who doesn't know better either way or alternative . hahahahah
No lah, you read too much into my words. I'm not as articulate as you, the joke I meant to crack sounded much better in my head :bsmilie:

Actually...to be serious for a while. You are not right. If you recall the recent PROP8 which took place in the USA during about the same time as the recent Presidential Election. It was for gay rights. This is not a right for gay sexual lifestyle but PROP 8 is about money and legality of gay marriage to the same as those for straight couples according to the rules of the country..etc.
This means carry the same rights, privilleges, penalty eg.. for marriage, divorce, death will, couple benefits like spouse medical bills, enrolling their adopted children..etc. So even for folks of the alternative lifestyle... money and buying matters are seeking to be legitimize too.

When I said nobody to control how "they" spend in a gay marriage, it's not about the legalities or status or even homosexuality. I meant that since men all act as if money was controlled by the wife at home (I know a few of my friends who nicknamed their wives "Ministry of Finance"), then marry another man, can BBB all you want, burp as loud as you want at home = happy marriage AKA gay marriage. Problem solved. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I tried the "precious memories" argument and even expanded on it, waxing eloquent, without much success. So my alternative strategy is 先斩后奏

"Oh, you mean you didn't know I was going to buy this? I thought I mentioned it last month."

damn i should've picked up smoking while i could... :lovegrin:

:bsmilie:

I tried the "precious memories" argument and even expanded on it, waxing eloquent, without much success. So my alternative strategy is 先斩后奏

"Oh, you mean you didn't know I was going to buy this? I thought I mentioned it last month."

Spoken like a man who thinks divorce is a challenge worth exploring. heheheheheh

Or try the old trick...

This?? I bought this like ages ago... it's been in the dry cabinet, and I just took it out again. :bsmilie:

sammy888 comments made my day. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.