Why you shouldn't steal others' works

Thanks for sharing.

From my experience, when you tell a lie, you will need more lies to cover up the first lie. Then you need more lies to cover up the previous lies. It snowballs, and gets more stressful/tiring having to remember the previous lies and making more lies

In her case, she'll have to lie when potential clients ask her questions about the previous shoots.

Hahaha.... It's very very familiar scene for some of the photographer's website/blog... Using people's idea and call it their own.

You don't have to go as far as stealing the images but using people's ideas and call it their own without credit is despicable and show little and no respect to others as well as lower the respect to own self to the lowest point.

Have some self respect and be more original on your own ideas and you can only grow fom there... And stay there.

Regards,

Hart

Hahaha.... It's very very familiar scene for some of the photographer's website/blog... Using people's idea and call it their own.

You don't have to go as far as stealing the images but using people's ideas and call it their own without credit is despicable and show little and no respect to others as well as lower the respect to own self to the lowest point.

Have some self respect and be more original on your own ideas and you can only grow fom there... And stay there.

Regards,

Hart

Plain stealing is more bad than plagiarism, coz the thief don't even bother to shoot it, just take it! Right click save!

Once again this place an strong message to all the people hiring photographers out there. Lots of people with DSLRs calling themselves photographers nowadays, and when some wannabes like Meagan Kunert realized they can steal an idea but cannot steal the techniques and skills no matter how good their DSLRs are or how hard they try with their illegal downloads of photoshop and actions, they decided to just steal the photos straight.

Last edited:
Plain stealing is more bad than plagiarism, coz the thief don't even bother to shoot it, just take it! Right click save!

Once again this place an strong message to all the people hiring photographers out there. Lots of people with DSLRs calling themselves photographers nowadays, and when some wannabes like Meagan Kunert realized they can steal an idea but cannot steal the techniques and skills no matter how good their DSLRs are or how hard they try with their illegal downloads of photoshop and actions, they decided to just steal the photos straight.

Just want to clarify, what I meant is using people's page and quote what's there and make it ambiguous that one might have written it.. That's what I say about using people's ideas.

We all are inspired with image that we see in the market, but you can't purely copy... Because you won't get any business anyway... Then can start complaining about lack of work?

At the end of the day, there isn't a shortcut to success... It takes lots of hardwork and sacrifice to make things work. Those take shortcut won't last long and like the blog poster, it basically ruin her life...

Regards,

Hart

Just want to clarify, what I meant is using people's page and quote what's there and make it ambiguous that one might have written it.. That's what I say about using people's ideas.

We all are inspired with image that we see in the market, but you can't purely copy... Because you won't get any business anyway... Then can start complaining about lack of work?

At the end of the day, there isn't a shortcut to success... It takes lots of hardwork and sacrifice to make things work. Those take shortcut won't last long and like the blog poster, it basically ruin her life...

Regards,

Hart

Yes, understand and agree with you. Stealing text is just like right click save too. I had it happened to me before in another interest area, non photography. The person stealing my writings and research hard work is actually my friend and he did it openly right in front of me. Of course, it plainly shows the kind of person he is.

Most ideas are not really original, they are slight modification of another person's idea.

I have seen many wedding photos with similar themes but taken by different photographers.

Most ideas are not really original, they are slight modification of another person's idea.

I have seen many wedding photos with similar themes but taken by different photographers.

Agreed. People who thinks that their idea are original should have a reality check.

Agreed. People who thinks that their idea are original should have a reality check.
This is call improvement.
SOmetime is the change in the backdrop to improve the pic.....
It doe not matter if the photos are of similar themes, same subject with different background. How different can a Wedding be?
SO Long as Not stealing is done it's fine....

This whole thread kinda reminds of how Apple`s innovations came to be just that they had an army of in-house lawyers on call to go anywhere in the world at a moment notice as trump card and a very very big legal fund in case there was patent disputes.

Last edited:
Thanks catchlights for the article

Thanks Catchlights for the great article. Shame on these people who steal pictures of others people hard work and great to see it get publicity. I also got my pictures stolen before but not from her.

Last edited:
The Meagan kunert girl is a thief first and when caught is a sympathy seeking cheat.