Why you like photography?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
For me, it's the passion to capture the special moment. Time or things wouldn't wait for you to have second chance. There are always a different story to tell daily and the nature always changing. I dont earn much but I still will try my best to travel around as long I could walk. Half leg already inside liao, dont go now, 20 years later, dont know still can walk or not, haha! ;p

i like to hear clicking sound.

I never really thought about this question until it was asked for an article.

This was my answer after a bit of thinking about what made me happy when shooting.

Photography has been... More than a pastime to me. It is a great teacher - imparting patience, maturity and an appreciation of the smaller things in life. In some ways, it is an excuse - one to be present at the beach looking at the last rays of the sun with the waves lapping at my feet, or to be standing at a high place looking out at the city lights in the middle of the night.

I hope I can make the clicking sound into cash register machine sound, than I will be more motivated to take photos.

that's the difference between me a hobby shooter and a consummate professional.

Although our eyes allow us to see many things, it is impossible to capture the details and moment of life. When we try to refresh our memories, it is the photo that will brings fond memories of the past.

It is an art and it provides me the chance to see things in a different perspective. I find that I look at stuff in detail now and appreciate them better.

The alternative would be to idle at home and feel the brain rotting...

I like to capture the memories and all the wonderful Moments.........

a good way to relax after a stressful week at work :) sometimes I even bring my cam at work when I get pissed off or tired/stressed I go out of the office a have a quick walk around the are and snap some photos...

take pictures on vacations of my family.

nice to see how people change and grow up....

It is a visual record of a moment in time. An excellent record keeping tool since we have EXIF data in digital shots.

Nobody mentioned XMM yet.. ? oh cmon :bsmilie:

because i like to record memories. Only Time i take more picture is when I'm traveling.
If not. Not much.

A picture is worth a thousand words so photography is my lazy way for writing a thousand words essay :bsmilie:

Need I say more?

We tool 45 minutes bus ride to a beach to do a Time for CD. My 3rd Time for CD. I did a French girl, a New Zealand girl and today an Irish girl.

IMG_5622_zpsb1fefaf2.jpg

Last edited:
Need I say more?

We tool 45 minutes bus ride to a beach to do a Time for CD. My 3rd Time for CD. I did a French girl, a New Zealand girl and today an Irish girl.
taking bus? that is unthinkable!

here can not lar, photographers need to have a car, sponsor makeup artist, plus supply of green tea than able to find some xmm to let photographers TFCD. No, actually DVD, and photographers need to touch up all the photos some more.

maybe you are the only photographer in the 50 km radius there, but here we have too many photographers liao.

Last edited:
taking bus? that is unthinkable!

here can not lar, photographers need to have a car, sponsor makeup artist, plus supply of green tea than able to find some xmm to let photographers TFCD. No, actually DVD, and photographers need to touch up all the photos some more.

maybe you are the only photographer in the 50 km radius there, but here we have too many photographers liao.

The aspiring models are not so pampered here.

The New Zealand girl took a bus and a train to come to my place for Time for CD:

IMG_5345_zpsa878ac2e.jpg

I am not the only photographer here but I'm persistent. There is an Aussie girl whom I have been discussing about a Time for CD for a month or so. She has used established photographers for her portfolio. Each time I do a photoshoot I update my portfolio and send her the link for it. After seeing my latest works she finally agrees to do a sunset Time for CD with me.

This is how she looks. Wish me luck. :)

510b5c0ba1127.jpg

Last edited:
I never really thought about this question until it was asked for an article.

This was my answer after a bit of thinking about what made me happy when shooting.

Perhaps XMM shooters can rewrite it like this, what made them happy when shooting :bsmilie:

In some ways, it is an excuse - one to be present at the beach looking at the XMM in bikini with the waves lapping at my feet, or to be standing at a high floor hotel room looking at XMM in lingerie in the middle of the night.

The aspiring models are not so pampered here.

The New Zealand girl took a bus and a train to come to my place for Time for CD:

I am not the only photographer here but I'm persistent. There is an Aussie girl whom I have been discussing about a Time for CD for a month or so. She has used established photographers for her portfolio. Each time I do a photoshoot I update my portfolio and send her the link for it. After seeing my latest works she finally agrees to do a sunset Time for CD with me.

This is how she looks. Wish me luck. :)
Thank you for sharing.
I can see the models are working very hard to get her portfolio, same as the photographer. :)