Why would ClubSNAPers list their equipments under their signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

Apr 16, 2002
www.pbase.com
Noticed that quite a number of ClubSNAPers list their equipment under their signature. Would like to hear what is your view on this? :D

And well you know the answer.

Originally posted by Bean
Noticed that quite a number of ClubSNAPers list their equipment under their signature. Would like to hear what is your view on this? :D
wat about using a baby as a avatar? wat are u trying to tell ?

Hey....well....all that expenditure should not go unnoticed u know ;) Even though most of us aren't interested to know hehehe

Partially right but it also serves another purpose of telling people your experience with the body or lense.

Quite a few people have asked me about that particular piece and lense. I try to answer and help out or even discuss. It also helps to find like minded people fora particular lense eg my fav Tamron 28-200 which most people seem to hate.

Originally posted by Java_Guru
Partially right but it also serves another purpose of telling people your experience with the body or lense.

urm....let's hope this doesn't start the trend of people listing their current equipment AND equipment formerly owned lol

yup...but I guess it works that way as well...sorta like killing 2 birds with one stone no?

I guess it's good to have it around so that people knows that you have this piece of equipment and can also ask or share info about them.

Or when you wan to buy a new piece of equipment or lens. Nekogotch's signature denotes a particular SIGMA 15mm which I would like to have :devil:

Originally posted by BraveHart

yup...but I guess it works that way as well...sorta like killing 2 birds with one stone no?

Hehe, hart, it's called justification. :p

It's a guy thing - closely relate to penis envy.

Originally posted by kraterz
It's a guy thing - closely relate to penis envy.

Be careful else everyone will start getting the 50-500mm Sigma :eek:

well, lucky we don't have those who put pics in their signature like in some other forums! (some quite big somemore...)
the horror if someone starts putting pics of their lens/equipment in their sig... :eek:

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Bean

Originally posted by Java_Guru

Quite a few people have asked me about that particular piece and lense. I try to answer and help out or even discuss. It also helps to find like minded people fora particular lense eg my fav Tamron 28-200 which most people seem to hate.

:thumbsup: I agree, saves time explaining whether you actually use the equipment before, if you are providing help to others.

I remember there is one who use an animated avatar showing giant Nikkor lens costing more than $10000 :devil:

Hoho, I'll know who to ask for if I want to lend some lens. :devil:

Originally posted by togu
Hoho, I'll know who to ask for if I want to lend some lens. :devil:

ooohhhh.... I see that 28-135 IS lens there....:)-

Status
Not open for further replies.