Why would ClubSNAPers list their equipments under their signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Sin

And what's wrong with surfing xxx site (other than the fact that they are theorectically banned in S'pore)? :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

the parents. LOL

XXX! :rbounce: XXX! :rbounce: XXX! :rbounce:

Yeah! Maybe it's time I went over to HWZ...

Oh and just to keep this relevant:

<I'd originally typed in an extensive list of all my equipment, but then I've always intentionally shied away from listing my equipment because I want to be appreciated for my photography and knowledge rather than what my wallet can afford. So I see no reason to change that stand and I've removed the list. But use your imagination if it helps.>

Also note for example that no where in that list is an AF-D 80-200/2.8, but I've owned four of those lenses in their various incarnations (one touch non-D, one touch D, two touch D), and could probably tell you as much if not more about them than anyone who puts one in their own list. Among other lenses.

Also, quite probably I have not listed everything that I currently own which is waaay too tedious. And because my memory isn't that good.

Also, quite definitely there are people out there who own more items than I do; Mr Wallis for example.

Oh and lastly, I might actually be able to achieve something with that list. A good number of those things are for sale. Let me know if anything catches your interest.

IMPORTANT PART:
If you feel proud of your equipment, just say so. I for one am quite happy to draw the distinction between pride and showing off. Being happy with what you own and letting everyone know is fair enough. But just say so. I don't think there's any implication that anyone who puts a list of equipment down is definitely showing off (unless it's as long a list as the one above; but I'm just proud of my equipment; and trying to make a point). Nor am I trying to suggest that equipment lists are showing off, but only that they serve no real purpose.

to ignore signature , follow this steps :

1: click on user cp
2: click on edit option
3: under Show user's signatures in their posts? Select no.

Originally posted by ninelives
to ignore signature , follow this steps :

1: click on user cp
2: click on edit option
3: under Show user's signatures in their posts? Select no.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But then they'll start typing it into their main messages...

I guess the next thing someone will ask is like,

"Why would clubsnappers put url in their signatures?"
"Why would clubsnappers put AIM/ICQ info in profile"
"Why would clubsnappers put Avatars"
"Why would clubsnappers change font/change colours in their postings?"
"Why would clubsnappers answer banal talk threads"

....and the list goes on

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by togu
I guess the next thing someone will ask is like,

"Why would clubsnappers put url in their signatures?"
"Why would clubsnappers put AIM/ICQ info in profile"
"Why would clubsnappers put Avatars"
"Why would clubsnappers change font/change colours in their postings?"
"Why would clubsnappers answer banal talk threads"

....and the list goes on

:rolleyes:

I can answer that. :)

1. To let others see their great and not-so-great works of art.
2. To let others contact them; to make more friends
3. For fun
4. To emphasize something
5. To pass some time coz they are bored. Remember that most CSers are bored, that's why there stay in the forums, IRC, or are out shooting. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

I can answer that. :)

1. To let others see their great and not-so-great works of art.
2. To let others contact them; to make more friends
3. For fun
4. To emphasize something
5. To pass some time coz they are bored. Remember that most CSers are bored, that's why there stay in the forums, IRC, or are out shooting. ;p

Regards
CK

:bsmilie:

* togu clap clap clap

Status
Not open for further replies.