Why weather so hot?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
What happened huh? Why suddenly so hot! Everyday like slowly being roasted.

bali-pig-top-480.jpg

What can you indulge in this heat and what do you do to beat the heat? Please recommend.

Just wear shorts and nothing else :bsmilie:

Men-s-Cargo-Shorts-07M025-.jpg

Last edited:
What can you indulge in this heat and what do you do to beat the heat? Please recommend.

Not sure if still in business.
[h=2]Eski Bar 46 Circular Road, Tel 6536 3757[/h]

I don't recall we are that 'hot' many moons ago. Although it was reported that temp has increased by 1C, it seems a lot hotter in the past 10 years. Maybe it is because we are getting more use to ac. How to sit in a car or bus with no air on?

Dubai is also hot but while I was there last week, the air is cooling and dry. I guess our biggest challenge is humidity. Can some inventor look into how to extra the moistness from our air and compete with NeWater?

Can some inventor look into how to extra the moistness from our air and compete with NeWater?

Condenser units are around already - look at the aircon. ;-)

But not energy efficient.

Soon, Shai-hulud will roam the lands...

NEA list today as 33/25 C
Weather.com list right now as 31 and feels like 37 C
Yahoo weather list now as 30 C. H33 L27.
My thermometer indoor list it as 32 C

I feel now is 34 and feels like 37 C. Rub some char siew sauce on your body when you go out. Will taste better when roasted.

Last edited:
If you think about it, we are being put through a washing cycle. Wash and dry, rinse and dry, rinse further and dry. The person up there is sending a message to us.

He could be thinking, "Stop the digging, reclamation, cutting down of trees, expansion plans. Else I will drain out the dirty water from the tub."

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Well...there is nothing much singapore can do as no matter how much u conserve....u can only safe that many ecras of trees....if u research at how the green lungs being chop down for palm tree in surrounding countries. ...u will know why our weather is as such...

How about erecting solar panels across HDB blocks to provide shades against sun and rain, at the same time harvest energy?

We erect open play grounds, how on earth the kids going to enjoy them, at night?

Definitely warmer... Sakura season shifted forward by 2 weeks...

Solar Panels have nothing to do with heat.

Right now the sun is shining at the same intensity, but it feels hotter because of the haze and humidity, and the lack of wind.

kei1309 said:
Solar Panels have nothing to do with heat.

Right now the sun is shining at the same intensity, but it feels hotter because of the haze and humidity, and the lack of wind.

I did say the solar panels can provide shades to block the sun lah. Maybe we also also more pampered having air con. My first car has only a fan and I have no problem. Now I never wind down my windows except to slot in cash card to exist car park and of course custom. Hehe

its not hot anymore, still raining today afternoon.

btw if anyone find it too hot, drop me a PM, i can get it to rain (24hr notice please).

I will just wash my vehicle, next thing you know , sure rain one.

63596_4854594250157_1132023081_n.jpg

its not hot anymore, still raining today afternoon.

btw if anyone find it too hot, drop me a PM, i can get it to rain (24hr notice please).

I will just wash my vehicle, next thing you know , sure rain one.

I think you should go to places with droughts... You can earn big, hahaha :p

I think you should go to places with droughts... You can earn big, hahaha :p

Ironically due to the price-inelastic nature of agricultural products, farmers and producers actually earn =more= in times of drought.

If you would like to earn money from weather, see how weather correlates to Orange Juice Futures ;) (a tip from my friend Jim)

Ironically due to the price-inelastic nature of agricultural products, farmers and producers actually earn =more= in times of drought.

If you would like to earn money from weather, see how weather correlates to Orange Juice Futures ;) (a tip from my friend Jim)

Really ? I doubt farmers will benefit from the event.. Large producers / speculators may be.. but in the case of prolonged drought.. everyone will lose

Really ? I doubt farmers will benefit from the event.. Large producers / speculators may be.. but in the case of prolonged drought.. everyone will lose

Dead food consumers can't buy expensive food, yup.