Why this forum is not so active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhivachan

Oct 4, 2005
Serangoon Central
www.ssuresh.com
Pardon me asking for this question.

The reason is, I did not find any questions other than like product cost,where to get?

Why olympus guys/girls did not organise any outings to share the ideas to others?

There is lot of things to share like in the photography.

---- abhivachan

Coming soon...

abhivachan said:

The reason is, I did not find any questions other than like product cost,where to get?

Why olympus guys/girls did not organise any outings to share the ideas to others?

---- abhivachan

I use an E1.

But I will rather talk about photography than my E1 - ANYTIME!

If I participate in an outing, it will be about photography rather than Olympus.

abhivachan said:

---- abhivachan

outings & events r most likely found in the outing sub-forum. :) but u will still find posts with pics for u to drool. :devil: not forgetting lens test, technique sharing & mini reviews too. :lovegrin:

abhivachan said:
Why this forum is not so active?

Because most Olympus users are usually passionate photographers and are out busy shooting most of the time, that is why. ;)

Me excluded though. :bsmilie:

tao said:
Because most Olympus users are usually passionate photographers and are out busy shooting most of the time, that is why. ;)

Me excluded though. :bsmilie:

We are busy working so that we have enough $$ to buy the Oly lenses that are so droolable.:D

Bcoz to organize outing takes tremendous amount of time and saliva to coerce ppl to come out. Rather use the time to smoke afew more sticks.

chainsmoker said:
Bcoz to organize outing takes tremendous amount of time and saliva to coerce ppl to come out. Rather use the time to smoke afew more sticks.

I agree... Olympus lenses are costly. What about at least one outing for two/three months? Because we should proud to organise olympus guys/girls outing.

Earning is important, at the sametime getting know each other is good. Too much stress is also not good for our life. The reason, why i am saying this usually i work for nearly 16-18 hours (not joking) in my early days.

Now my body and my mind wont accept that kind of work. Thats why I changed my hobby from sports to photography to get some peaceful.

abhivachan said:
.......Why olympus guys/girls did not organise any outings to share the ideas to others?

---- abhivachan

Let me then throw the question back to you... Would want to organise an outing?

why not so active? :think:

cos we dun have many "What to buy/Rants/Back Focus/Dust problem/3rd party lens etc" threads? ;p

student said:
I use an E1.

But I will rather talk about photography than my E1 - ANYTIME!

If I participate in an outing, it will be about photography rather than Olympus.

That will depends on the type of outing. But most new users wouldn't be able to take decent photograph if they don't know their gears well. Usually in most outings, we'll see different gang of people grouping together chatting different stuffs. Some like to buy/sell, some on how to operate the camera and few on photography.

But before we do that, we must get to know and meet each other.

Like I said, coming...

ykkok said:
That will depends on the type of outing. But most new users wouldn't be able to take decent photograph if they don't know their gears well. Usually in most outings, we'll see different gang of people grouping together chatting different stuffs. Some like to buy/sell, some on how to operate the camera and few on photography.

Like I said, coming...

In photography workshop I attended, the instructor taped our all singing all dancing cameras (which are a lot less "idiot-proofed" than current digicams)

Believe me, without the necessity to "know" our equipments, we made some very nice photos.

The new users would still not take decent photographs even if they know all about their gear. The more important thing is to know photography. Knowing enough of equipments and their fucntions is simple.

But getting to know one another is a worthwhile thing (but not just "Olympians", but also "Nikonians",a nd "Canongraphers", etc etc- actually I really think this "branding" is really very juvenile)

I am a photographer. I hold no loyalty to any camera brand. I use whatever suits my purpose.

ykkok said:

Like I said, coming...

Good. Getting know each other is really fun and enjoyable.

abhivachan said:
I dont know much places in singapore. Otherwise I am ready to organise. There is no doubt on that.
Huh? Actually got many places:

If talking about photo outing:
- Zoo
- Bird Park
- Changi
- Esplanade
- Punggol
- Botanic garden
- Sentosa
- Sungei Buloh
- etc...

If talking about just getting to know you or me:
- Funan, Peninsula Plaza
- Or any kopitiam will do :)

Unfortunately, I'm still overseas, otherwise I'll surely help to arrange and organize such outings.

I recently went out with chips and noelleong to take Dragon boat race.

chips and myself going to the Standard Chart Mararthon this Sunday, if any one else interested.

selamatlzh said:
I recently went out with chips and noelleong to take Dragon boat race.

chips and myself going to the Standard Chart Mararthon this Sunday, if any one else interested.

Standard Chart Mararthon this 4-12-05 Sunday
Time from 8am - 10am

1>Selamat - Confirmed
2>CHiPs - Confirmed
3>
4>
5>

Will meet up at the race guys ...see U :)

chainsmoker said:
Me goin too, but havent picked my location. So maybe will see u around.

Some of us will be there early to do some shooting .

Our Target
Kids Dash : 10:00 am
Map..pdf

Start Times
Full Marathon : 06:00 am
Half Marathon : 06:30 am (NEW UPDATED TIME)
Quarter Marathon : 07:00 am
Team : 07:00 am
Kids Dash : 10:00 am
Wheelies : 10:30 am

PM me if your interested to meet up

abhivachan said:

---- abhivachan
ask not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.