why the need for list of equipment they own on some members signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongsien

Mar 11, 2002
Hong Kong
Visit site
Hi,

was wondering why some members put a list of what they own and use as signature at the end of their posting? Even up to filters!

Hong Sien

Bcos its very common to see people asking questions like :

Which camera you using?
What lens you own?
Any filter you using?
etc..

Last but not least, that list can serve as a Buy and Sell ready list :D

;p
Originally posted by hongsien
Hi,

was wondering why some members put a list of what they own and use as signature at the end of their posting? Even up to filters!

Hong Sien
well, perhaps just to ensure that if people don't go "wow.." over their intelligence or photos, at least theym will say "wow.." over their list of equipmnets....

well, perhaps just to ensure that if people don't go "wow.." over their intelligence or photos, at least theym will say "wow.." over their list of equipmnets....

think thats the ONLY reason e_liau :D

Sekali people don't go "wow ..." over their intelligence or photos, and go "hahaha ..." with the equipments they have and still can't perform. Backfire. Only mean one thing. :p

any1 who owns a cheap point-and-shoot put it up as signature?
pai sey right?:rbounce:

Originally posted by EiRiK
any1 who owns a cheap point-and-shoot put it up as signature?
pai sey right?:rbounce:

Wat's so paisey about it? If you have a good photo, more pple will go WOW over your skill as a photog.

Its a lot worse when you have a Kilobux camera and yet post a mediocre shot.

Like what serendipity mentioned.....It's a double edged sword, post it at your own peril.

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Wat's so paisey about it? If you have a good photo, more pple will go WOW over your skill as a photog.

Its a lot worse when you have a Kilobux camera and yet post a mediocre shot.

Like what serendipity mentioned.....It's a double edged sword, post it at your own peril.

* togu clap clap clap...

Spend your time on shooting more! Rather then facing the monitor whole day long, till you have to analyse signatures... :p

not pai sey meh? then how come no1 put up in their equipment signatures?

most people own a point-and-shoot... even pros.
i am sure most that put up all their fierce-fierce arsenal in their signature omit their point-and-shoots... whys that?
;) :embrass:

Originally posted by EiRiK
not pai sey meh? then how come no1 put up in their equipment signatures?

most people own a point-and-shoot... even pros.
i am sure most that put up all their fierce-fierce arsenal in their signature omit their point-and-shoots... whys that?
;) :embrass:

People tend to list the gear that they are currently using or use most often. There are some who own medium format gear here as well, but you don't see them listing them.

ok lah... ok lah...:)
wa-bo-wey-kong....;p
but i still think they hao-lian :bsmilie:

This had been discussed before.

Do a search on it... (*If the search is working correctly * ) ;P

Originally posted by hongsien
Hi,

Hong Sien

Everyone has a right to be proud of their kit, listing it as a signature (tag) seems to me to be the behaviour suitable for a primary school kid showing off his toys to his mates .. You know the "Mine's bigger and flashier than yours" type wankery, which is the sort of behavour real men (and women) grow out of when they hit puberty.

:rbounce:

Originally posted by Ian
Everyone has a right to be proud of their kit, listing it as a signature (tag) seems to me to be the behaviour suitable for a primary school kid showing off his toys to his mates .. You know the "Mine's bigger and flashier than yours" type wankery, which is the sort of behavour real men (and women) grow out of when they hit puberty.

:rbounce:

i agree :thumbsup:

Hi,

Hong Sien

Anyway, what is wrong with that?

Just to let people know what gear we are shooting with when they see our pics.

And yes, there are people who ask me if I use any filters when they see certain shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.