Why the big diff in price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h317ry

Aug 11, 2008
Bukit Merah
Halo fellow snapper

am intending to get a len in the range of 28mm-80mm F2.8

have ask abt the prices for a few brand and notice that there is a huge diff in the price range.can anyone enlighten mi why is the price range so big.

Nikon 28-70 f2.8
Tokina 28-80 f2.8
sigma 28-70 f2.8
sigma 24-70 f2.8
Tamron AF28-75mm F/2.8

notice a very big diff in the nikon wan compare to the other mention

fellow senior pls enlighten

cheerz

Last edited:

w_chiang

Jul 29, 2005
because it is made by nikon.

Same as why BMW or Mercedes 2 litre car cost more than a Hyundai 2 litre or a Toyota 2 litre car.

h317ry

Aug 11, 2008
Bukit Merah
because it is made by nikon.

Same as why BMW or Mercedes 2 litre car cost more than a Hyundai 2 litre or a Toyota 2 litre car.
:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

lol understood but in term of pics quality wise is there really a big diff?

or can fellow snapper who happen to have the above mention lenses post and i can have a comparison of them?

thank u all
;);)

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005

or can fellow snapper who happen to have the above mention lenses post and i can have a comparison of them?

thank u all
;);)

Why don't you try to use google? You would find many useful sites such as photozone.de where many lenses are reviewed. And unlike a forum, they use hard numbers and facts rather than opinions.

also, why don't you go to a shop and test those lenses yourself, rather than asking people to do all the hard work for you?

Last edited:

thank u all
;);)
the difference is as big as you can discern them..

i'm for third party lenses.. coz i'm myself a very budget shooter.. but like all good things in life.. they're never perfect.. (though there are models that are great for their price point..)

and also to consider the other factors other than picture quality.. for instance autofocus speeds.. colour casts.. etc..

Gengh

May 6, 2007
Florida

thank u all
;);)
As mentioned, nothing beats trying out the lens for yourself to see if you like the feel of it. But it never hurts to google up as much info as you can so you know what the general opinion is. Here's something to start you off...

For the technical aspects of the lens, you can try reading what photozone says.
For real-life examples of pictures by the lens, pbase has a nice database of picutres by many different bodies and lenses.

Mar 10, 2008
hi
Usually the price depends on several factors:
-Build quality
-Glass type ie.Nikon ED,Canon UD etc.
-Aspherical/Non-Aspherical
-No. of apeture blades
-Difficulty of construction ie. Optical formula etc.
-Name:Third party usually cheaper than original
And I am sure there are other factors

h317ry

Aug 11, 2008
Bukit Merah
first of all i would like to say a big thank u to ALL THOSE who have contribute to this post in one way or another .

really appreciate it.
cheerz to all of u :):):)

on my part i am constantly looking for info abt the lenses

Secondly i am not Just sitting in font of my computer waiting for ppl to post.

is just that would like to know how other think abt the lens for the review of pics.

cause a pics speak a thousand word.

since it is a open forum here i belief where we are all grown up adult i do not need to further elaboate what i mean.

Again many thank to those who have contribute to my thread in one way or another thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom