Why spend money getting a filter when you've got Pentax SP Coating!

i am impressed with this SP coating! hope canon will also do something like this...

how many tripods have you changed since you started photography? :sweat:

about 1 per year. :) so 3 or 4. the latest one is holding up fine so far though.

cruise not a problem la, you are so far from the water...

my sigma 10-20, which i will probably never sell until it spoils, has been near the water for 3+ years. no issues with lens coating, no corrosion, no rust... the rubber coating is peeling now, but that's something that is expected of that lens.

can't say the same for my tripods... :bsmilie:

OMG!!! u gonna sell ur sigma once its spoilt... :bsmilie:

how much ?? i might be interested... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I'll bring a marker for the december outing. We can exchange signature with each other ;)

OMG!!! u gonna sell ur sigma once its spoilt... :bsmilie:

how much ?? i might be interested... :bsmilie:

But what's the use of a spoilt lens? :bsmilie:
Can use as a display as it is used by a famed Pentaxian? :bsmilie:

OMG ... :sweat:

tripods a bit hard to use when you pull out the leg and then the leg comes OUT of the tripod mar... :bsmilie: but then i was using all $80-$120 tripods... the latest one slightly more expensive.. :bsmilie:

about 1 per year. :) so 3 or 4. the latest one is holding up fine so far though.

should buy the gitzo ocean tripod...

gitzo = 10 x normal tripod

will break even presume u continue to soak under sun and sea for the next 10 yrs... :bsmilie:

and make a profit in 15... :thumbsup:

ummm... quick question. when i bought my k-x, my DAL 18-55 & 55-300 seemed a little "squeaky" when i tried to clean it with a cleaning kit i bought, i.e. i used the solution and the cloth provided. What i mean by "squeaky" is that there seemed to be resistance when i tried to wipe the lens with the micro fibre cloth.

However, after cleaning for awhile, the front element went smooth and the cloth glided over it nicely.

My worry is, have i just damaged a coating on the lenses?

should buy the gitzo ocean tripod...

gitzo = 10 x normal tripod

will break even presume u continue to soak under sun and sea for the next 10 yrs... :bsmilie:

and make a profit in 15... :thumbsup:

sure or not, but so ex leh.

still will get scratched one.... my current one starting to rust already, despite hosing down with freshwater after every session. surprised it took so long. my friend says that i should grease the tripod after every shooting session, so i'm doing that right now. hopefully it will hold up longer.

i think sand can be so irritating.. my current tripod legs got many battle scars from when i plung the tripod into the sand to ensure that when the waves come, the tripod don't shift during LE.

ummm... quick question. when i bought my k-x, my DAL 18-55 & 55-300 seemed a little "squeaky" when i tried to clean it with a cleaning kit i bought, i.e. i used the solution and the cloth provided. What i mean by "squeaky" is that there seemed to be resistance when i tried to wipe the lens with the micro fibre cloth.

However, after cleaning for awhile, the front element went smooth and the cloth glided over it nicely.

My worry is, have i just damaged a coating on the lenses?

might have got grease on top of it when you cleaned it, i dunno.

when you look at the lens surface in the light, is there any sudden change in color at parts of the surface at the same angle to the light?

might have got grease on top of it when you cleaned it, i dunno.

when you look at the lens surface in the light, is there any sudden change in color at parts of the surface at the same angle to the light?

hmmmm i gotta go back and check...

actually, that squeaky feeling was there only when the lenses were brand new and when i first cleaned it. after that, it felt smooth to the cloth.

recently been using a lenspen but now i worry that may actually damage coatings:eek:

sure or not, but so ex leh.

still will get scratched one.... my current one starting to rust already, despite hosing down with freshwater after every session. surprised it took so long. my friend says that i should grease the tripod after every shooting session, so i'm doing that right now. hopefully it will hold up longer.

i think sand can be so irritating.. my current tripod legs got many battle scars from when i plung the tripod into the sand to ensure that when the waves come, the tripod don't shift during LE.

i dunno leh... u buy 1 lah, 10 yrs later if it still hold's up then its prove its worth.... :bsmilie:

forget to add its carbon fiber and stainless steel wor.... so very hard to spoilt...:bsmilie:

anyway im thinking of buying a cheaper tripod just so i am willing to trash it, now im hesitant to shove my current tripod into the sand...

Last edited:
lenspen won't damage coatings la, just use blower on your lens before you use the lens pen.

i dunno leh... u buy 1 lah, 10 yrs later if it still hold's up then its prove its worth.... :bsmilie:

anyway im thinking of buying a cheaper tripod just so i am willing to trash it, now im hesitant to shove my current tripod into the sand...

just shove it in!:bsmilie:

i gonna use it as a pencil holder... sell me cheap cheap... :bsmilie:

Ok, I will try with my Pentax Lens, see can use it as pencil holder or not and sell you cheap cheap....:bsmilie: