why some ppl think street photographers are perverts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

artspraken

Aug 7, 2009
my colleagues think that street photographers are perverts.

I dun understand.

Is there such a stigma?

I dun understand.

Is there such a stigma?

it must be the fault of people taking sneaky photos of girls!

some like to blame foreign workers:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614644

i think they are merely executing what others do with what little equipment they have..

yah yah, i get the "look" esp when i take photos of children but i still go on cause they make very gd subjects :)

yah yah, i get the "look" esp when i take photos of children but i still go on cause they make very gd subjects :)

You mean that "look" as in, they think you're some kind of perv preying on kids. :confused:

I dun understand.

Is there such a stigma?

Henri Cartier Besson is a street photographer. Do you think he's a perv?? It's probably a case of one rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel.

To certain extend yes.

The type of picture one takes expressed what the photographers mentality too. So if the photographers always takes saddist photo, it may reflects the photographer's personality too internally. So it is just like asking a child draw to express their thoughts.

Therefore it is normal for people to be on the caution side when they sees one.

Henri Cartier Besson is a street photographer. Do you think he's a perv?? It's probably a case of one rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel.

maybe those into photography looked at henri as a street photographer, but who knows what those who were not into photography thought of him at that time.

because although rare, but some (street) photographers are pervert?

i like street photography too. it really depends on where you take those photos. if in tourist attraction areas, like no problem. just smile and be friendly. but in places like hdb areas...i think best not to try la unless u got lenses that can shoot from afar.

Actually, at least he has a distinctive style.

But, as implied by Danny and/or his images, apparently the only "distinctive faces" on Orchard Road belong to women.

Strange that.

I agree with you... but I really enjoyed his "5 sec faces" set;p

We are the "scape goat", some ppl is pervert as they are shooting ladies..."loopholes" you know where la.

I was one shooting this cute little children siting beside her mom, and the mom pull her collar up and give u that :angry: look. I am not shooting her why she worry? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

"I tell you the truth, there're perverts amongst us masquerading as students of light. By their works, you'll know them." :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Actually, at least he has a distinctive style.

But, as implied by Danny and/or his images, apparently the only "distinctive faces" on Orchard Road belong to women.

Strange that.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I dun understand.

Is there such a stigma?

There are really 3 groups of people..

1) The perverts. Serious. they are perverts.

2) The wannabes. They hold a camera and they thing they are shooting something good. To them, a good photo is a pic of a beautiful lady or a small kid.

3) The real street photographers. Few and far inbetween.

Keeping in mind that photography can be niche in nature, sometimes, #2 and #3 gets blured..

Do what you enjoy lah... your pics would justify the effort and time spent on the streets. <-- this is true even for the perverts. God knows what they do with the pics when they get home..

Regards

Actually, at least he has a distinctive style

Actually, I find that the most distinctive faces in Singapore belong to lao ah peks. Every lao ah pek has a face with alot of character.

Pervert is a form of obsession or addict (like anyone), just that the degree is extreme and the method of getting what they want is unnatural, endangering and repulsive to people.
Photographer who has extreme interest in taking pics is a similar form of obsession, just that objective are easier to achieve and non intrusive. Takeaway their human logic and they "may" become one.
If you are one that don't feel well without taking pics (xmm or any kind), you are at that phychological level, just that your humane logic is still in control.

Extreme interest is not limited to photography, can be anything. So beware who or what you are doing all the time and be self aware. Drugs and alchohol are some that blocks that human logic, leaving what's left the beast.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.