Why so many used D70's for sale suddenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbot

Aug 18, 2002
Visit site
Seems like there's suddenly a whole lot of people dumping their D70s around the time of Comex and after. Is there a newer better DSLR out already? If only there was so much choice on the Buy and Sell just a week ago... sigh. :cool:

guess some are anticipating the release of d200..

....................................D2x? :sweat:

I hope I am not being rude. That's also because I see many people carrying them around but they aren't simply into true photography but rather hardware. They are just buying the latest technology and found that there is not difference if they were holding a small compact or digital SLR. No time to shoot also, so they sell.

1. There are people who buy DSLR thinking it will help them improve photography... only to be disappointed. :D

2. Buy and sell is part and parcel of everyday life. :)

When is the D200 coming out? I can't decide if I should get the D100 or D70... :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
70% of DSLR in Singapore use Canon...
70% of DSLR in Singapore recycle Nikon... :D :X

maybe b'cos Canon DSLR value drops more than 50% after taking out from the shop while Nikon DSLR retain 75% of it's value. Nikon has more value after all. :blah:

sorry not trying to create something here ;p

technology changes and photogs want to keep up with the trend, i guess. :dunno:

Pepper said:
1. There are people who buy DSLR thinking it will help them improve photography... only to be disappointed. :D

I can't agreed more than you about this fact.
Many so called "Pro" are merely holding a good camera around with a big strap around the neck with names like "Canon" or "Nikon".
Infact, they produce photographs not even to the standard of normal digital cam.

That is sad but true. And true always hurt.

ray_archer2003 said:
I can't agreed more than you about this fact.
Many so called "Pro" are merely holding a good camera around with a big strap around the neck with names like "Canon" or "Nikon".
Infact, they produce photographs not even to the standard of normal digital cam.

That is sad but true. And true always hurt.

/me raise my hand on this....

i am also one who carry a good prosumer camera & take awful pics... even thou ppl say my pics look nice, my personal standard too high, so i just save it in my hdd... :sweat:

maybe some are going back to basics? use film.

.... ya rite~ :p

still waiting for a $1k D70.... :bsmilie:

How 'bout the D100? :think: Any chance the price will drop soon? Cathay Photo still quoting $2800 just for the body alone! :cry:

yulee said:
How 'bout the D100? :think: Any chance the price will drop soon? Cathay Photo still quoting $2800 just for the body alone! :cry:

all prices will crash soon...

;p

Thinking of upgrading from my current prosumer cam to a DSLR :think: . Might get a 2nd hand one. Btw, any bros here used the Canon D30 before and any comments for this cam (saw it price tag below 1k for the body only)....hmmm feel like getting it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.