Why so many Panasonic Lx3 for sale?.. Any new model coming up soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buz3rd

Jul 29, 2006
Hi newbie looking to buy Panasonic Lx3.

Looking for compact but gd camera quality and hD vdieo recording..

About 700 bucks max.

hi sorry is the g1f much better and cost wise?

So i assume if i buy lx3 now the price shd fall soon?

hi sorry is the g1f much better and cost wise?

So i assume if i buy lx3 now the price shd fall soon?

Dun think it will drop that much cos both are of different league.....

I think many consumers bought the LX3 because of the good review and not taking into consideration that its a PnS with a semi-SLR function.
THen when they realised that they can't cope up with the controls because of lack of experience with SLRs, they just tend to sell it and replace it with a real PnS.

Just my 2 cents...

The LX3 have very intimidating Menus and Sub-menus.

A beginner will normally mess up the camera settings very quickly.

The first thing they must learn is to reset the camera to factory default.

haha, true...

with the new leica X1 out as well...

looks like LX3's days are over... no doubt still a great compact.

Damn. I was too slow to sell my shares. Everyone is throwing their stocks :bsmilie:

Yep, looks like with the Oly Pen and the coming GF1, there would be an exodus of people going for micro 4/3, primarily for its portability. Those who sell off their LX3s may find the zoom function too limiting.

The LX3 have very intimidating Menus and Sub-menus.
A beginner will normally mess up the camera settings very quickly.
The first thing they must learn is to reset the camera to factory default.
On the contrary, I don't find Lumix menus that intimidating lah; it's pretty straightforward in fact. However, their tiny buttons are intimidating!

hi pple..

may i know what is 4/3?

forry newbie here but dun wan to buy wrong stuff..

im lookin for gd photo quality, HD videos, and Zoom sometimes..

So which model Olympus is you guys toking abt?

how much are they costing?

hmm i hardly think Lx3 to be complicated. i have a lot of friends who use it that have no knowledge about photography stuff like shutter/aperture... they just use like a PNS and deliver relatively good results.

i would say people dumping LX3 could be DSLR users who picked up a compact and are now going towards the m4/3 as a more 'pro' compact.

selling lx3 for lecia x1 is a stretch. lx3 is pretty cheap 600-700+... x1 is like USD2k rrp!

hmm i hardly think Lx3 to be complicated. i have a lot of friends who use it that have no knowledge about photography stuff like shutter/aperture... they just use like a PNS and deliver relatively good results....

As long as they leave the Shooting Mode on iA. Might as well buy a cheaper PNS camera.

Last edited:
Yep, looks like with the Oly Pen and the coming GF1, there would be an exodus of people going for micro 4/3, primarily for its portability. Those who sell off their LX3s may find the zoom function too limiting.

On the contrary, I don't find Lumix menus that intimidating lah; it's pretty straightforward in fact. However, their tiny buttons are intimidating!

For those who consider the LX3 zoom function too limiting, might they consider the soon to be launch S90 instead? Still, I think LX3 would make a great back-up camera. :)

I agree with you. I think most consumers who are used to PnS just get the LX3 because they heard alot of good things about it. But after they got it, they find it too bulky or complicated when compared to a typical PnS and they just gave up on it.

For me, I am "downgrading" from a DSLR so I know what to expect and will keep my LX3 for definitely a long while.:)

I think many consumers bought the LX3 because of the good review and not taking into consideration that its a PnS with a semi-SLR function.
THen when they realised that they can't cope up with the controls because of lack of experience with SLRs, they just tend to sell it and replace it with a real PnS.

Just my 2 cents...

They bought the LX3 because everybody says it's good but they are not aware that it's a complex camera.

My friend keeps complaining that all the pictures he took of buildings, lamp post and trees are tilted.

Status
Not open for further replies.