Why so many choose 50mm prime lens??

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I am quite the opposite, I use more of the telephoto side of lens, both on full frame and crop factor cameras, hehe... 85mm is one of my favourite portrait lens together with the 50mm, both are most widely used by me. In contrast I have difficulty using the 35mm focal length for portraits...

tys1a.jpg

Ever since my wide angle has been sold, my 50mm is the main lens now so it's like a 'universal' lens.

For me, I use the 50mm lens quite often because of its low light capabilities, ability to select a wide range of depth of field, ability to freeze action in low light without flash, great optics and natural perspective as the human eye.

I just did a casual shoot on a rainy day and I didnt have flash, so guess which lens I used indoors? :) Hehe! The 50mm of course because its a great lens for location portraits.

ld1.jpg

Window lighting + Shallow DOF is a gd formula for portraits

Ever since my wide angle has been sold, my 50mm is the main lens now so it's like a 'universal' lens.

really? can you share why? i would like to know more. haha
i though wide angle lens is good too but why would you say 50mm is a universal lens? :)

Can someone show pics of difference in bokeh on f1.8 vs f4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.