Why so many bro start to sell A55 already

actually that what i've heard that thier kits is not that good. My bro who's on to photgraphy was once a Canon user before he move to Nikon and he did say that Canon kits are not that sharp... Well i cant comment much as I have not tried both nion and Canon nor Sony kits lens I've skip it and jump to 18-250 and now Tammy 17-50. So all Nikons and Canons and Sony folks using kits lens please dont flame me :flame:

The SAL 18-55 SAM can be amazing if you understand it's capabilities, as with the 18-250 once you've discovered it's sweet spots - both focal length and aperture ...the results can be stunning ! :thumbsup:

The SAL 18-55 SAM can be amazing if you understand it's capabilities, as with the 18-250 once you've discovered it's sweet spots - both focal length and aperture ...the results can be stunning ! :thumbsup:

yeah i've used 18-250 and ive say stepping it down it's sharp enough :) i've used it for awhile and at good light and stepping it down could procude very good photosbut ofcourse cant compare to CZ glass :)

5050545874_0f49b1effb_b.jpg

5049920403_684c1e660a_b.jpg

actually that what i've heard that thier kits is not that good. My bro who's on to photgraphy was once a Canon user before he move to Nikon and he did say that Canon kits are not that sharp... Well i cant comment much as I have not tried both nion and Canon nor Sony kits lens I've skip it and jump to 18-250 and now Tammy 17-50. So all Nikons and Canons and Sony folks using kits lens please dont flame me :flame:

I have used all 4 kit lenses before, Canon, Nikon and Sony (1855 and 1870), though I do not own them all at the same time.

I would say Nikon's has the best IQ and sharpness while Canon and Sony ones are similar.

But didn't know that from cameralabs.com, sony one is better.

I guess end up cam not suitable. ergonomics...etc
on paper A55 is very exciting 10fps....but they dun know the camera takes a long time to clear buffer etc...

so I guess..got to know what u r buying

on paper A55 is very exciting 10fps....but they dun know the camera takes a long time to clear buffer etc...

I am using Sony Duo Pro HX (the new one) I shoot raw+Jpeg) and continious shot I never had that problem... I did see some delays when using Class 6 Sd card... So what bro said get a faster memory card is true :)

But the A55 is an entry level camera. First & foremost you got to understand the term entry level.

The 10 fps IS with limitation, so does my A700 at 5 fps, which is an advanced-amatuer camera, after so many frames it takes a while to clear the buffer.

You ought to know that you cannot compare a A55 with the likes of Nikon D3X or Canon 1D Mark 3. Those cameras will also slow down to clear their buffer if you continue to press the shutter.

No other camera make does 10fps for this segment of the market. For $1250 body only, it's a steal, packed with features some more.

The A55 is 16Mpx per frame and to shoot at 10Fps before the buffer is filled is no fluke.

Get your facts and perceptions right. We are not Sony fan boy, btw.

And yes, everyone ought to know the facts before buying.

Last edited:
But the A55 is an entry level camera. First & foremost you got to understand the term entry level.

The 10 fps IS with limitation, so does my A700 at 5 fps, which is an advanced-amatuer camera, after so many frames it takes a while to clear the buffer.

You ought to know that you cannot compare a A55 with the likes of Nikon D3X or Canon 1D Mark 3. Those cameras will also slow down to clear their buffer if you continue to press the shutter.

No other camera make does 10fps for this segment of the market. For $1250 body only, it's a steal, packed with features some more.

The A55 is 16Mpx per frame and to shoot at 10Fps before the buffer is filled is no fluke.

Get your facts and perceptions right. We are not Sony fan boy, btw.

And yes, everyone ought to know the facts before buying.

He's one of those who expect 1D4, D3s performance from the A55 i bet! :)

Been shooting 10fps with A55 for several weeks now without any problems as you have mentioned.

Refer here: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57211&page=2
...see post #20 and #21 for sample of 10fps shooting a flying object.

Do you have an A55 or are you simply quoting from somewhere ???:nono:

A55 is good light weight dslt for travel use.
I ask one of the seller so he say becos of the size so he decide to switch back to canon.
Due to this benefit the buyer of A55 cos got it below street price as he just play for 1 day only.
& benefit me too as i buy the 50mm PWP from him hehe :embrass:

Hahaha... I bought the cam from him.