why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8

Zhe Jie

Aug 2, 2013
why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8?

I shoot at iso 250 at 1/160 outdoor .RAW pic

is my camera spoil?

Pls post the photo together with the settings for us to see. Else, no one will b able to advise u

Other than underexpose badly, I can't think of any other reason..

If you severely underexpose the shot, recovering those details will naturally give you grainy areas.

Perhaps u may want to Post a picture with EXIF.

Is there a minimun number of posts before someone can post a photo?

why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8?

is my camera spoil?

Whats the RAW conversion software you using? Like others said, it could be severely underexposed.

And sharpness is not just a matter of using good lens. It depends mainly on the user.

Is there a minimun number of posts before someone can post a photo?

He can at least upload it and share the link

is my camera spoil?
No picture, no talk. And the perception of 'grainy' can be very different between people. Also: I do hope you are not zooming into the shot above 100%? Are you checking the picture in a RAW converter or just an some funky image viewer? If you use a picture viewer please take note that the image you see is NOT the RAW file, but a quickly processed, scaled down and embedded jpg image. So make sure you look at the RAW file when assessing the results.
Use a RAW processor, use standard settings, create a full sized jpg, leave the exif data intact and upload to any image / file sharing host you like. Then share the link here.