Why Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormanTan

Jul 24, 2008
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Cser,

I have been pondering by this question,"Why u like Photography"and"Why did u choose Photography as you Passion/Hobby?".i know i like Photography but i am jus unable to express it out in words and I have not been able to get an answer after a long time... Ever thought of this question yourself? if have, care to share it with me? :dunno:

Regard,
Norman

Sometimes it's not you choosing a hobby .. the hobby is choosing you ;)

for me, it's to preserve memories:) in the best possible way

like to share you something.
my dad loves to take pics.. was using film camera during that time!
i was 12 when he started to show me around using the camera.
camera spoilt and thn stopped taking any more pics..
the passion dies off slowly.
then the passion came to me back whn reading some books and saw
nice photos inside it.
from thn on i started to take pics again..
cheers!

No reason, just something i want to do.

becos it puts food on my table... ;p

or if u want a serious, most concise one-liner:

because it seems to be the only way i can make an important difference to peoples' lives...

Last edited:
Hi Cser,

I have been pondering by this question,"Why u like Photography"and"Why did u choose Photography as you Passion/Hobby?".i know i like Photography but i am jus unable to express it out in words and I have not been able to get an answer after a long time... Ever thought of this question yourself? if have, care to share it with me? :dunno:

Regard,
Norman

For me I think I am obessed with the army shooting range. Got marksman 4 times, then after national service cannot shoot anymore. So chose to shoot photographs instead... Ha Ha Ha...

um... just tell them cos you are rich? hahaha

jokes aside, I dun see a reason to try and explain yourself to them why you like photography. most of the time ppl that ask this question are just casual asking and end of the day your answer might not even registered in their head. So a casual reply like :" Its something i like to do, something like a hobby." Then u start ask them what their hobby is haha

um... just tell them cos you are rich? hahaha

jokes aside, I dun see a reason to try and explain yourself to them why you like photography. most of the time ppl that ask this question are just casual asking and end of the day your answer might not even registered in their head. So a casual reply like :" Its something i like to do, something like a hobby." Then u start ask them what their hobby is haha

yea.. quite true, but at the end of the day,people will not find u serious about Photography as u jus casually told them (Refer to highlighted words above).

hmm~ yea.. still cant think of an answer>.>

It all started...

When i got sick and tired of the same no-noise or speaker produced noise produced by digital compacts and phone cameras.

So, i got the noisiest/most solid shutter i can find. A monstrous metal curtain shutter Praktica MTL50 :devil:
Modded it myself into having white leather, and then taking it wherever i went.

Soon became more and more interested pursueing the different aspects of photography and now i shoot DSLR/SLR/Medium Format. Soon to get a rangefinder if budget allows :D

It all started revolving around a stupid reason :p

Last edited:
why don't u say:
" I was born to be a photographer. It's in my genes and in my blood running all over me." :bsmilie:

because its something that you can share with others, and improve on, and switch between ideas etc :)

because its something that you can share with others, and improve on, and switch between ideas etc :)

So true.
It's for those with much concepts in their head and CANNOT DRAW FOR NUTS. :bsmilie:

So true.
It's for those with much concepts in their head and CANNOT DRAW FOR NUTS. :bsmilie:

fully agreed. i am still amazed at artists...
i mean photography is an art, but artists (painters, drawers etc) create art on a blank peice of paper :bigeyes:
an amazing talent that regrettably i wasnt born with x)

too free nothing to do..?

too rich dunno where to waste money..?

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

For me it is FUN.
Help me pass time during weekend...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.