Why Photo Looked Blur?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbong

Mar 17, 2006
I had bought this Canon A540 for 1-2 months and still trying to figure out how to shoot "properly"...
Everytime when i was shooting at day time,i always get blur picture..
And this only happen when i'm using Canon A540.. Last time i was using sony normal use digital camera where no much setting to do.. Just one click the photo is clear and sharp..
But with this A540 which is strongly recommended by my friend,i can't even get a gd picture.. I ever contact canon guy and they do teach me some tips about the setting such as using "P" mode when shooting outside and use shutter speed mode to capture a moving object.
But now i got few question to ask and hope expert here can solve my problem:-

1.Normally i don't like to use flash when shooting outdoor at daytime and night to capture the natural colour of the background. But the photo normally come out with blur or too dark image...
So under what circumstance should i on the flash to get a sharp and clear photo?

2.Why canon A 540 can't just use auto mode and capture a sharp + clear photo?

3.Actually i ever tried to on flash when shooting outdoor at day time..but the photo still looked dark..What setting should i set to?

4.Why i can't off the flash when shooting @ night with "Shutter Speed Mode"? Everytime if i off the flash and shooting @ night time with "Shutter Speed mode",the photo will come out will dark background even though light is sufficient...

Below is 2 of the photo which i took just now inside a building. .. Can anyone expert here explain to me why the photo blur and how to improve it?? (Both photo taken without on the flash) Sad Sad

1. A bit blur eventhough we are near to each other.
408654181_3f869b37ce.jpg

2.The face still looked blur...WHY???
408653473_25517e7d60.jpg

EXPERT PLEASE HELP!!!:dunno: :dunno:

Normally indoor lightings is not bright enough for your camera to shoot without flash. Slowing the shutter speed is needed to absorb the lights in order to make the picture bright enough to see.
By disabling the flash, your camera has to slow the shutter speed. In the end, flash is needed.
If you can set your ISO settings to higher mode, like ISO400, you can shoot your moving objects without blur, but only a limited ability. Any faster moving objects, your picture might still be blur. Play around with your camera bahz...

Other than that, try not to jerk your hand when you are aiming and pressing the shutter. Such small movement plays a significant part somehow. That is why alot of photographers bring tripods and buy remote control though it's troublesome...

bro..me not expert at all...my opinion is based on trial and error..but i'd like to share my opinion..(Experts..pls correct me if i'm wrong) i guess the blur is due to shutter lag + camera shake when not using flash (its quite normal for digital camera) If you really-really dun wan to use flash..you would need to increase your ISO ..maybe ISO400 or ISO800 and keep ur hands really steady.
And if u use the flash when you are close to the subject, only your subject will be bright or even overexposed. I recommend you to stand slightly further to the subject when using flash indoor and zoom in if u need a close-up..hopefully some background can be captured .....if.still not happy...use "manual mode" use a lower shutter speed (if your camera can)...hope it helps! :) Enjoy!

Normally indoor lightings is not bright enough for your camera to shoot without flash. Slowing the shutter speed is needed to absorb the lights in order to make the picture bright enough to see.
By disabling the flash, your camera has to slow the shutter speed. In the end, flash is needed.
If you can set your ISO settings to higher mode, like ISO400, you can shoot your moving objects without blur, but only a limited ability. Any faster moving objects, your picture might still be blur. Play around with your camera bahz...

Other than that, try not to jerk your hand when you are aiming and pressing the shutter. Such small movement plays a significant part somehow. That is why alot of photographers bring tripods and buy remote control though it's troublesome...
But i ever tried before to shoot with the flash on. The outcome was not so impressed at all...
The object looked more clear but the background turn dark...
that's y i off the flash and hope to get a clear picture everytime i try to capture with the flash off..
Haiz.. Why this camera so troublesome one..Still remember when the time i use my sony digital camera (Old one), just click and shoot.. Simple.. And the picture is sharp as well..
A bit regret to get this camera now.. Haiz....:embrass:

bro..me not expert at all...my opinion is based on trial and error..but i'd like to share my opinion..(Experts..pls correct me if i'm wrong) i guess the blur is due to shutter lag + camera shake when not using flash (its quite normal for digital camera) If you really-really dun wan to use flash..you would need to increase your ISO ..maybe ISO400 or ISO800 and keep ur hands really steady.
And if u use the flash when you are close to the subject, only your subject will be bright or even overexposed. I recommend you to stand slightly further to the subject when using flash indoor and zoom in if u need a close-up..hopefully some background can be captured .....if.still not happy...use "manual mode" use a lower shutter speed (if your camera can)...hope it helps! :) Enjoy!
Actually i was using the "manual Mode" when capture this 2 photo... Because only in manual mode allow me to shoot without on the flash and get the sufficient light (This is what i guess)..
I tried to shoot with "shutter speed & Aperture mode" too.. The outcome more worsen than these 2 photo here..

you'll need to understand the concept of shutter speed and aperture.. for shooting at night, if you get dark pics, you'll need to set your shutter speed value lower eg 4sec or set a higher ISO.. cos your cam prob open up to the widest aperture already, so you'll need to use a slower shutter or higher ISO to let more light in.. you'll also need a tripod..

Hi, judging from your shots, I supposed the lady, was the way down the escalator while you are on the way up. The relative speed(which translates into camera movement) can be quite fast. This is the main cause of blur photo.

Whats ur "manual mode" settings? hmm..i believe in P mode..shutter priority mode and Aperture priority mode..flash is optional... read up ur manual..there should be a way to "off" the flash.

use a faster shutterspeed, higher iso, smaller F stop. And dun forget to use the macro function when shooting subjects at close distance.

Hmmm. I do not know what model your sony camera is. But actually the law of physics applies to every cameras. If we do not know how to play with the settings of the camera, the best dSLR camera is still deem a junk.

Besides making sure ur hands don jerk when shooting, try the holding position just like when you use a conventional film camera and look though the small little box with your one eye, think that "box" is call EVF. (pls correct me the name if I am wrong:bsmilie: ). That will use your whole body to hold the camera instead just your both hands.

Other than that, set the ISO higher. That will do the trick. Try it out man, and love your camera...

But i ever tried before to shoot with the flash on. The outcome was not so impressed at all...
The object looked more clear but the background turn dark...
that's y i off the flash and hope to get a clear picture everytime i try to capture with the flash off..
Haiz.. Why this camera so troublesome one..Still remember when the time i use my sony digital camera (Old one), just click and shoot.. Simple.. And the picture is sharp as well..
A bit regret to get this camera now.. Haiz....:embrass:

you'll need to understand the concept of shutter speed and aperture.. for shooting at night, if you get dark pics, you'll need to set your shutter speed value lower eg 4sec or set a higher ISO.. cos your cam prob open up to the widest aperture already, so you'll need to use a slower shutter or higher ISO to let more light in.. you'll also need a tripod..
Sorry if you all think i'm annoying..But i really think that it's ridiculous to use a tripod when you trying to shoot something at escalator... I think if i use a tripod,before i can set up my tripod,i already reach the end of the escalator...:confused: :confused:
the reason i get this camera is hope to capture some precious moment anytime..
Haiz.... Anymore advise like in my situation,what should i set when capturing the same photo again (Such as on the flash or set the shutter speed etc.....).

Sorry if you all think i'm annoying..But i really think that it's ridiculous to use a tripod when you trying to shoot something at escalator... I think if i use a tripod,before i can set up my tripod,i already reach the end of the escalator...:confused: :confused:
the reason i get this camera is hope to capture some precious moment anytime..
Haiz.... Anymore advise like in my situation,what should i set when capturing the same photo again (Such as on the flash or set the shutter speed etc.....).

er.. what I was refering to was outdoor night scenes..

Whats ur "manual mode" settings? hmm..i believe in P mode..shutter priority mode and Aperture priority mode..flash is optional... read up ur manual..there should be a way to "off" the flash.
My Manual mode setting is "0"6 ; F2.6 ; ISO 100"..
I know set it to ISO 100 is too low but i ever read from a website stated that set the iso lower can get a more sharp and clear picture... But maybe i misunderstand the concept of the lightning explosure here..Haiz..

can try setting to the fastest possible shutter speed..

Hmmm. I do not know what model your sony camera is. But actually the law of physics applies to every cameras. If we do not know how to play with the settings of the camera, the best dSLR camera is still deem a junk.

Besides making sure ur hands don jerk when shooting, try the holding position just like when you use a conventional film camera and look though the small little box with your one eye, think that "box" is call EVF. (pls correct me the name if I am wrong:bsmilie: ). That will use your whole body to hold the camera instead just your both hands.

Other than that, set the ISO higher. That will do the trick. Try it out man, and love your camera...
:D Actually i'm trying to love my camera.. That's y i always play with it when i'm free..
Anyway, what mode will you use if u were me when the moment you take this photo?? And will you on the flash as well???

setting a lower ISO just gives you a less grainy picture.. but a sharp gainy pic is still better than a smooth blur pic right.. hahaa..

can try setting to the fastest possible shutter speed..

Haiz.... I also know that fastest possible shutter speed can solve my problem here..But as i said earlier, higher shutter speed will make the photo dark...Unless i on my flash...
The main reason why i don't like to on flash is sometimes it's not so convenience to shoot any where because flash will reflect on ppl and i think it's not so nice as some of them will feel irritating..
Haiz.. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

My Manual mode setting is "0"6 ; F2.6 ; ISO 100"..
I know set it to ISO 100 is too low but i ever read from a website stated that set the iso lower can get a more sharp and clear picture... But maybe i misunderstand the concept of the lightning explosure here..Haiz..

If u dun want to use flash, always aim to shoot at least 1/30 sec....best is 1/60 sec above. And your topic should not be moving.

The solution is to bump up iso for u.

using canon a540, i reckon the biggest aperture is F2.8 bah(...or F2.6???). This one cannot be any bigger (bigger means smaller number). The solution is bump up ISO but will lead to more noise.

forgot the other solution is change ..... camera.

setting a lower ISO just gives you a less grainy picture.. but a sharp gainy pic is still better than a smooth blur pic right.. hahaa..

Haha... You're right...
But there's one thing which i found very weird in almost all the forum i go...
why no one mention about the "FLASH"?? like whether i should on or off the flash??
Almost in all the photography forum i go,no one ever mention about this Flash..
So is that mean that flash is not a factor in capturing a gd photo???

Haha... You're right...
But there's one thing which i found very weird in almost all the forum i go...
why no one mention about the "FLASH"?? like whether i should on or off the flash??
Almost in all the photography forum i go,no one ever mention about this Flash..
So is that mean that flash is not a factor in capturing a gd photo???

If possible ppl would prefer not to use flash bah. Natural lighting is the best.

Turn on the flash. when u shot. bo bian.

Status
Not open for further replies.