why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so???? :bigeyes:

cos there is no LCD live view for DSLR? :bigeyes: except Oly E330 if i'm not wrong? :sweatsm:

compro_1975 said:
i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so???? :bigeyes:

... because the (reflex) mirror gets in the way. Same principle as SLR.

The CCD for normal DSLR are block by the CCD. For the E-330 there is an extra CCD located on top for the live view. Here's the picture of the setup.

e330_live_view.jpg

Actually i kinda of realised it thats why i decided getting the E-330...

for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.

well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno.. :sweat:

jonnie84 said:
well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno.. :sweat:
You are not old school, you ae just sensible and doing it the right way. The most stable platform to take a picture is a sturdy tripod. We substitude ourselves, a rather unstady bi-pod for that sturdy platform. Since the human bi-pod is inherently now that stable, if you hold the camera away from your body so that you can look thru the LCD, you further degrade the stability of the platfor on which the camera takes the photo.

This is common sense.

marky said:
Actually i kinda of realised it thats why i decided getting the E-330...

I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.

yyD70S said:
I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.
For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.

Gosu_John said:
For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.

I guess you are right after all. That's why they say, to each his/her own!

Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error

Give this man a beer:cheers:

shyanyap said:
Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error

user12343 said:
for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.

Not true...take for example the Nikon's D200 - it sucks juice like noboby business too..just as much as the canon S80.

I use viewfinder with my PnS anyway, so I don't miss not able to use LCD for my DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.