why people put lens hood opposite

Or when someone's using CPL? wonder how to use cpl with lens hood on.... must be pretty hard to adjust it to the desired output...

Very simple. Just rotate the whole camera body. :bsmilie:
*kidding*

This is called style...

But there was a time i was on the mrt and saw 2 youngster walking in and sat beside me. His friend took out a canon 50d or 500d, can't rmb. His 18-55 lens hood is reversed. His friend ask him: "Whats the flower for" He replied: "Dono, but very stylo"...

WTF? o_O

Too many youngster out there taking dslr as a point-and-shoot camera...

that why u see people asking for different shape hood (flower or normal) type despite the maker of the lens has a hood design for it. maybe like the youngster's reply, it looks stylo milo mah.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

that why u see people asking for different shape hood (flower or normal) type despite the maker of the lens has a hood design for it. maybe like the youngster's reply, it looks stylo milo mah.:bsmilie::bsmilie:
want to look more pro or very serious about lens hoods? try use bellow lens hood, LEE Lens Hoods

I reverse the lens hood for storage and I tend to be lazy putting it on if I am just doing a snapshot...since a second later it'll be back into the camera bag :)

This is called style...

But there was a time i was on the mrt and saw 2 youngster walking in and sat beside me. His friend took out a canon 50d or 500d, can't rmb. His 18-55 lens hood is reversed. His friend ask him: "Whats the flower for" He replied: "Dono, but very stylo"...

WTF? o_O

Too many youngster out there taking dslr as a point-and-shoot camera...

This one cute. Haha!

How you guys deal with all the filters with a lens hood @@.
The difficulty of changing the CPL is.. enough. LOL. Can't imagine add in ND and all.

Really, I would like to see lens hood comparison to support the claim of increased contrast (not being obnoxious, im genuinely curious!)...

and i still see people with lens hood shoot into the sun or at bright spots of light. :sweatsm:
As for stray lights, I'd be blocking with my hand...so in due season if can be convinced i'll get lens hoods...haha! Maybe when i go for outings and get BBB poisoned. Haha

Back to basic - what is the purpose of the Hood? An extract from here says "A lens hood cuts off stray light or flares which will adversely affect the photos you are taking. By reducing flares, the lens hood improves the image quality of the photos".

Hence to say if there are conditions that the stray light or cause to flare are non-existence you do not need the hood. So for me the hood stayed reversed most of the time and I only put it on when I need to use it like <10% of time. One thing I hate most is it gets in the way when I'm using my pop-up flash;(

Back to basic - what is the purpose of the Hood? An extract from here says "A lens hood cuts off stray light or flares which will adversely affect the photos you are taking. By reducing flares, the lens hood improves the image quality of the photos".

Hence to say if there are conditions that the stray light or cause to flare are non-existence you do not need the hood. So for me the hood stayed reversed most of the time and I only put it on when I need to use it like <10% of time. One thing I hate most is it gets in the way when I'm using my pop-up flash;(

Yeah hood with pop-up flash usualy crates a upsidedown U shape vignetting at the bottom of the picture ... especially with a wideangle , but i think telephotos would be fine.

As for hood improving IQ it really does help quite abit ,as i read a test/analysis done with picture taken with and w/o hoods and the once with hood definitely looked better.