Why no sites with dedicated Reviews On Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goering

Sep 5, 2003
There are many sites that have done wonderful reviews of camera bodies. However, I have yet to come across a site that has any section dedicated for reviews of lenses

Some sites have reader reviews - but that is hardly definitive and very subjective. Ocassionally some sites will have a review or two on a particular lens - but chances are the lens you are interested in might not be reviewed

Given that the lens is such a crucial factor in the performance of the image and that many good lenses cost as much or more than the body, and that lenses are genearally better investments, a site dedicated to review of lenses would be very helpful. Wonder why no site has any section on this

It's very subjective. What may be wonderfully sharp to someone may be artificially so for another or what is soft for another may be sharp enough for another. So how to gauge? Very technical reviews are beyond most readers...

For lens optical quality, I normally go to a very trusted www.PhotoDO.com
But those new lenses may not be in photodo, so, I'll check THIS SITE as it contains the overall lens performance as well.

For user reviews, I normally got to THIS SITE

:)

go here :thumbsup:

Yeah only use as a general guide. From the links i followed, I've seen Lens A comapred with Lens B and one site says A better but another says B better :p

i guess these guides are only good to compare if there is a broad difference between two target lenses, or to gauge how far away one is from another.

TME said:
It's very subjective. What may be wonderfully sharp to someone may be artificially so for another or what is soft for another may be sharp enough for another. So how to gauge? Very technical reviews are beyond most readers...

Status
Not open for further replies.