Why no mention of Casio QV 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
I saw it in AP yesterday... it looks quite nice, canon lens and sony CCD.. seems smaller then many camera of its class too (G2, 4040)

but never really hear anyone having it, or suggesting it to any person asking for camera recommendation..

why?

if i really need to get a manual cam, i might get that (provided its not more then $1050)

I think it's because it is so similar to G2, but it lacks various features that G2 has, like flippable LCD, hotshoe, etc etc. And given the brand name royalty thing, many people would pay a little more for the G2. However, this is still a very good cam, so can be a worthwhile buy if the price is significantly lower than the G2's.

Was there few days ago asking for recommandations for a DC.
HK Tan recommanded QV4000.
But I noticed that the tripod mount threads are placed in an extreme corner.... might have to consider this.... :eek:

Anyone know how much is it... if its <$1100 its still ok since G2 is like $1380 now due to shortage supply..

Originally posted by TsQ
Anyone know how much is it... if its <$1100 its still ok since G2 is like $1380 now due to shortage supply..

I got a quote from AP for $880+
But was just asking, so might vary...

Originally posted by ark19

wah liew that's damn cheap!

Originally posted by ark19

wahh.. cheap!!!

definately worth recommending to ppl if thats the price.. its 4mp rite?

actually.. its too good to be believed.. its 4mp should be at least $1000+

who going to AP/CP go and ask lar... wait, i might be going there tomorrow also.. heh..

Originally posted by Tweek

wah liew that's damn cheap!

Yah very cheap, but the tripod mount position and the bulkiness of the DC must be put into consideration.

I was actually asking abt the minolta S304, but was told that it's a power drainer...

AP don't seems to like Minolta... Hee hee... When I bought my cam there, I told them I know and have considered the point... then the never say liao...

Originally posted by Flare
AP don't seems to like Minolta... Hee hee... When I bought my cam there, I told them I know and have considered the point... then the never say liao...

Hmm.. So how is ur DiMage? Does it really drain batt?

Hi guys,

Juz bought my QV4000 at AP yesterday for 1100 with an extra 128MB Ridata CF card. Izzit a good deal??

Now still trying out all the different functions. Anyone currently using this cam?

hi, i got it 2 months back for 1014 but no 128Mb card. anyway, i think i got a good buy at that time.

the picture quality is good. got a lowepro D25 sling bag for it. bought for $17 at CP. got sanyo AA rechargable batteries for $14 for 4 pcs, also got the Maha intelligent charger for $18 from mustafa. thinking of buying a lens adaptor to protect the lens. AP quote me $28 for canon adaptor and $30 for casio adaptor. hope to buy another 256Mb Ridata CF, AP quote me $190.

How's the build quality of the camera? as good as SOny?

What color is it? I remember seeing grey in AP.. so i guess Asia is getting it grey while some other places is getting it black..

the camera feel solid, pretty good quailty. think there r only 2 colors, black which is sold in US, the rest think is chrome... just like G2. if compare to sony 707, of course the pict quality lose, even G2 cannot match its quality.

one thing i dont like abt sony is it used it own battery n memory. the QV use compact flash which is more widely used n also accept IBM MD. that for me is a plus factor...

the AA rechargeable batteries i can also use for my CD n MD player. i got myself 3 sets of batteries n always carry an extra set out in case of low batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.