why no male models for photoshoots??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovas1

Jun 6, 2003
SG
i wonder why there isn't any male model photoshoot? Is it because it is hard to find a good male model with great physique or is it because too few people would want to shoot a male model? What are your views?

Good question there. :D I think its more likely the latter reason. I am quite certain male models are aplenty and available for studio shoots, just that majority prefers shooting female models. I for one would like to see some male model shots posted for a change. (Ok ok dun give me that funny look...I'm straight 'kay...) ;p

Precisely!
Astin offered to a model for muscle men some time back but the take up rate is too low and he had to cancel it. As a photographer, I strive to have a variety of the look, models, genre, etc, generally of what I shoot. I suspect controversally, that many model shoot has a significant baser element in it... ;) :sweat: .

If Astin organise the same shoot, I will sign up for it, too.

Garion said:
(Ok ok dun give me that funny look...I'm straight 'kay ;p
Frankly, does it matter? If a female photographer shoots a female model, I doubt anyone will call her a lesbian, right? :rolleyes:

Different strokes for different folks... :blah:

innovas1 said:
i wonder why there isn't any male model photoshoot? Is it because it is hard to find a good male model with great physique or is it because too few people would want to shoot a male model? What are your views?

i think its a matter of "market" demand...

for me, i like to look at female model pics more than male model...thats my preference.

Watcher said:
Frankly, does it matter? If a female photographer shoots a female model, I doubt anyone will call her a lesbian, right? :rolleyes:

Different strokes for different folks... :blah:
in any case.. i love shooting pretty babes... :D
hunks? not so... unless its couple..

and im straight ;)

I might have some guys who are keen to be model. Some of them keen to keep some photos for their portfolio to keep. Maybe next time i can arrange? hee hee.. what sort u want? Hunks, lean, tones, skinny? kekekeke

From the photographers point of view, because most of the photographers is male.

From market point of view, there is a difference between male and female, where guy like to see gals and gals also like to see gals.

It is normal when you see a guy or a gal saying "wah, this gal so beautiful"
But when you see a guy say "ee... he is so handsome"
You will feel a bit weird.

Hi,
Isizt also because male models are harder to pose? As in they have limited posing styles. They don't have so much variety compared with female models.

Just my two cents worth. :)

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

mich_2103 said:
Hi,
Isizt also because male models are harder to pose? As in they have limited posing styles. They don't have so much variety compared with female models.

Regards,
yah man
u mean HARDER to pose?
:p

hahah....I wouldn't shooting a male model BUT i do find males have less array of poses to work with. They do better in a complementing role to female models in a photoshoot. Prefer to see them on the stage rather than in 2D.

Anyways here's something for a laugh. its OT but dont kill me :p

http://starterupsteve.servepics.com/swf/endoftheworld.html

mich_2103 said:
Hi,

Regards,

Yes Michelle and Ruth, guys are harder to pose. Although guys do not have much variety but you still can experiment poses.

If you keep shooting ladies most of the time, you will find a little more difficult to pose male model as you are not use to it. So it is a good practise for all photographers to shoot as often as you can whether they are female or male model.

As there will be one day when your clientele comes up to you and ask can you shoot male models? How are you going to answer them.....?

So if you have any guy friend which has nice physiques, ask them to model for you. I am sure they will be happy enough if you give them a set of photos and belanja them makan. :bsmilie:

Thank you

Souphamster said:
I might have some guys who are keen to be model. Some of them keen to keep some photos for their portfolio to keep. Maybe next time i can arrange? hee hee.. what sort u want? Hunks, lean, tones, skinny? kekekeke

well.. I already have a model(hunk), its just that i need to learn how to pose him.. I find it difficult to pose male models and i need to have a portfolio with male photos too like what Godzilla Invades said..

I would like to shoot beautiful couples too! ;p

To have a well-rounded portfolio, I want to shoot male models besides the female models. Hard to pose is just another challenge. Anyone organizing a studio shoot on muscle male? Astin? ;)

woa..

can't u get one with both muscles and looks? No wonder only got 3 persons join la..

:sweatsm: :sweat:

i dun like so bulky model.. i prefer handsome + muscular but not this pattern..
hahaha :bsmilie:

Hey! Stanley Lim Colour Centre is planning to organize a male model shoot. I've seen the guy, he's not the bulky sort, but he's got smashing good looks! Do give Joanne a call @ 98583502. I'm thinking of participating in that shoot, so i'm checking to see if there are any others who are interested. Professional make-up/hair and everything.

man also need make-up? foundation or wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.