Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi,

Noticed that there have been a long time since a review. I mean not just a review but any article also have not been updated lately. Does anyone still write review nowsaday? :dunno:

It would be nice to have a local version of some cameras reviews. But who is qualified to do so, or rather the neccessary experience, knowledge and neutrality to post a sound review? And of course the time needed to test, review and post.

tokrot said:
Hi,

Noticed that there have been a long time since a review. I mean not just a review but any article also have not been updated lately. Does anyone still write review nowsaday? :dunno:

I am not qualified to write a review.

How about you taking the lead to write proper reviews of cameras?

why would you read a review from one person

when you can search/ask questions on the forums and receive feeback from multiple people with (50% of the time) real world experience with the camera, and can answer your specific questions?

kelccm said:
It would be nice to have a local version of some cameras reviews. But who is qualified to do so, or rather the neccessary experience, knowledge and neutrality to post a sound review? And of course the time needed to test, review and post.

This has to be one of the most insightful comments I've read on this forum.

we could have something like what Fredmiranda.com has. A user review section. A simple form where basic information like price, rating, pros and cons must be filled up. After a while, there will be a database of many user reviews which IMHO is pretty useful....

I agree with dslang.

Users' feedbacks are invaluable.

For the technical stuff, we can get from the web.

student said:
I am not qualified to write a review.

How about you taking the lead to write proper reviews of cameras?

I assume you are kidding... :bsmilie: Definitely should not be me... :bsmilie:

Discreet said:
we could have something like what Fredmiranda.com has. A user review section. A simple form where basic information like price, rating, pros and cons must be filled up. After a while, there will be a database of many user reviews which IMHO is pretty useful....

Exactly, there's a very good idea.. just like what they did in dpreview and Cnet

An example would be like something like this one http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=konicaminolta_7d

even reviews from professional reknown websites are not free from personal bias. think the best person to do any review is the person with lots of cameras and lenses. he/she has to work with that specific brand/model of camera for a certain period to give its judgement as well.

so who is too free, loaded with cash and lots of **** to talk about?:bsmilie:

i am qualified for the last requirement but not the rest.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.