Why my new 7D come with Shutter Count 0679 ??

you do realise no camera comes out of the factory untested, rite?

for a typical semi-pro body nowadays, shutter life is counted in the 100ks. 679 out of 100000 is 0.679% of its lifespan.... dun sweat the small stuff. :rolleyes:

I am reading this book now!

Mivec, someone posted this earlier, read it again:

"I don't think there's cause for worry. The dealer probably used a common CF card for testing cameras. Your 7D just 'adopted' the last sequence number on that card."

actually if it was me....i wount rather have a 600+ shuttercount body that perform well than a 60 shuttercount that seize after my first snap., which actually happen to many individuals....
Anyway hope u'll be able to resolve this "issue".....

Mivec, someone posted this earlier, read it again:

"I don't think there's cause for worry. The dealer probably used a common CF card for testing cameras. Your 7D just 'adopted' the last sequence number on that card."

i also think this is highly the case.

Read the manual:

"Shutter count or shots taken with the current battery. The number is reset when the battery is recharged."

If the shop's battery and your battery are not registered with the camera, it reflects that 600 shots have been taken with the "same" unregistered battery.

sadly there isnt any program which tell 7D Shutter count, if there is, Please please please let me know, I oso curious to know mine.

TS, I really dun think there is anything u can do, if you go back to shop and compliant, they may just point the finger back to you and if you are wrong due to blah blah blah reason, it really look bad on yourself.

If u really wanna check it in detail and wanna be rest assure, go CSC and pay some money to have them get your shutter count.

sadly there isnt any program which tell 7D Shutter count, if there is, Please please please let me know, I oso curious to know mine.

TS, I really dun think there is anything u can do, if you go back to shop and compliant, they may just point the finger back to you and if you are wrong due to blah blah blah reason, it really look bad on yourself.

If u really wanna check it in detail and wanna be rest assure, go CSC and pay some money to have them get your shutter count.

Apparently that's what other people have suggested and TS just claimed it as 'useless' and 'pointless'. Many people have suggested possible situations and outcomes but again to TS it seems that the only acceptable suggestion was to complain and get a new set.

Might as well just close this thread if there is no room for comments and discussion, this is a forum whereby we share opinions/suggestion not a place for you to announce your judgement and criticise on people's post.

Last edited:
Apparently that's what other people have suggested and TS just claimed it as 'useless' and 'pointless'. Many people have suggested possible situations and outcomes but again to TS it seems that the only acceptable suggestion was to complain and get a new set.

Might as well just close this thread if there is no room for comments and discussion, this is a forum, not a complain service centre.

:thumbsup: Agree, if TS thinks that the suggestions are useless and pointless and that people should "use their brains", why even start this thread? Might as well go ahead with the complaint to MS Color.

Hi, When I buy, I want a new set because I am paying for a new one and not a demo set.
Therefore, I will go back and exchange for a new set. If there is none, then I should get a discount for a demo set. If the demo set is below 10 counts, it is acceptable.

Hi, When I buy, I want a new set because I am paying for a new one and not a demo set.
Therefore, I will go back and exchange for a new set. If there is none, then I should get a discount for a demo set. If the demo set is below 10 counts, it is acceptable.

Agree with this also. 600 over shutter count for a brand new camera? A bit too much, ba?

Really hope you can face the same problem. then you will know that got brain is no enough, must got ball too, don't mind we come out to have a discuss how to handle the case?

haha, u very funny.. wats there to discuss ? just show some balls and confront the shop la..so simple LOL

haha, u very funny.. wats there to discuss ? just show some balls and confront the shop la..so simple LOL

Guys...I also just got a new 7D. The shutter count showed 575 but after charging and formatting the card, the count suddenly becomes 26. So apart from going down to Vivo, is there any way to determine a true shutter count? :sweat:

7D shutter life is rated at 150,000 counts.

Do note that Canon QC will fire off bursts as part of inspection. If the camera works, just enjoy it. Nothing is brand new and you should trust it if it comes out of a sealed box.

A bit of OT here but has anyone seen how "brand new" cars are delivered? The handlers basically do high speed charges, turns and brakes to move as many cars in the shortest time. There will be some wear: but its still "brand new" right?

7D shutter life is rated at 150,000 counts.

Do note that Canon QC will fire off bursts as part of inspection. If the camera works, just enjoy it. Nothing is brand new and you should trust it if it comes out of a sealed box.

A bit of OT here but has anyone seen how "brand new" cars are delivered? The handlers basically do high speed charges, turns and brakes to move as many cars in the shortest time. There will be some wear: but its still "brand new" right?

I think TS will just point his finger on you and said,
"please don't compare brand new car with brand new camera",
after that he will add on ,
"please use your brain and your comment is pointless and useless".
so we simply wish him luck for exchange a real "brand new" one then:thumbsup:

Guys...I also just got a new 7D. The shutter count showed 575 but after charging and formatting the card, the count suddenly becomes 26. So apart from going down to Vivo, is there any way to determine a true shutter count? :sweat:

As of now, there's no software or plugin that is capable of providing the user with such info.

I just bought my 7D also recently but is at funan haven use it because im having exams just did a check its 0.

To check your shutter count:
1 Press Menu
2 Select the 3rd Yellow Wrench symbol
3 Select battery info
4 Press Set
Shutter count is displayed.

I just bought my 7D also recently but is at funan haven use it because im having exams just did a check its 0.

To check your shutter count:
1 Press Menu
2 Select the 3rd Yellow Wrench symbol
3 Select battery info
4 Press Set
Shutter count is displayed.

That is not the actual shutter count. You can reset that anytime, the real shutter count of the camera has to be read at CSC.

That is not the actual shutter count. You can reset that anytime, the real shutter count of the camera has to be read at CSC.

I c I c Bro check at CSC how do i do it? As mine was rather new thats why i check it that way when it just came out of the box at the shop.

I c I c Bro check at CSC how do i do it? As mine was rather new thats why i check it that way when it just came out of the box at the shop.

Don't worry about it, since its new out of the box just treat it as 0 shutter count and enjoy your camera:) No need to check unless it 2nd hand and you need to know.

In case you really want to know, just bring it down to CSC at habourfront and tell them u wanna check.

Don't worry about it, since its new out of the box just treat it as 0 shutter count and enjoy your camera:) No need to check unless it 2nd hand and you need to know.

In case you really want to know, just bring it down to CSC at habourfront and tell them u wanna check.

Haha okok but i think i just try and upload a pic to my pc and see the sequence number. But to me now is to learn more about photography and get the hang of it. Thanks alot