Why my D70s pics. so poor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
1st time taking my camera for a test today.. Took several snapshots in A mode as I'm not too familiar with the camera yet but they came out really poor.. Using a Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di.. This particular shot was taken indoors, under white lamp and with built-in flash.. Is this normal?? :dunno: How could I have corrected this? Shot seems blurr and overexposed..

DSC_0044.jpg

jeryltan said:
1st time taking my camera for a test today.. Took several snapshots in A mode as I'm not too familiar with the camera yet but they came out really poor.. Using a Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di.. This particular shot was taken indoors, under white lamp and with built-in flash.. Is this normal?? :dunno: How could I have corrected this?

DSC_0044.jpg

What ISO were you shooting at? hmmm AWB? The built in flash also generally makes your pictures more flat. You camera is perfectly fine. =) maybe just takes a lil getting use to the functions first. =) cheers

If u had shoot raw/NEF, u can correct the WB.
D70/s have more potential with the raw, on the colours u can bring out...
try it!

Everything was set to auto.. It's my 1st time using the camera to take any "serious" shots since I got it about a week ago so I thought I'd not risk them coming out bad.. But they still came out.. well.. less than what I expected :cry:

Chris Lim said:
What ISO were you shooting at? hmmm AWB? The built in flash also generally makes your pictures more flat. You camera is perfectly fine. =) maybe just takes a lil getting use to the functions first. =) cheers

Is using the "Warming Filter" in Photoshop the same thing? Or it's a different thing altogether?

jnet6 said:
try it!

jeryltan said:
Is using the "Warming Filter" in Photoshop the same thing? Or it's a different thing altogether?

Thinking of selling it away to fund a better cam?

:think: :nono: :sticktong

I just want to find out whether the A mode has some problem, definitely not going to sell it off :bsmilie:

eyes said:

eyes said:

uh? you eyeing his cam? hmmm B&S forum got a few. =)

Hmmm Jeryl, i think what Jnet is saying is that you can recorrect the WB in PS. and then if you shoot in the raw format, you are able to do more stuff to your photo, interms of colour corrections and stuff. Just needa explore really. =)

play with your camera more, get to know it a little better.
as for the pic attached, i find it abit under actually, oter den the blown whites of the plats in the centre of the frame

So you mean an external flash would've improved the exposure problem? Or not use flash at all?

Chris Lim said:

Which is the option in PS to correct WB?

Chris Lim said:
uh? you eyeing his cam? hmmm B&S forum got a few. =)

Hmmm Jeryl, i think what Jnet is saying is that you can recorrect the WB in PS. and then if you shoot in the raw format, you are able to do more stuff to your photo, interms of colour corrections and stuff. Just needa explore really. =)

jnet6 said:
try it!

If he is asking this kind of questions, most likely he's not going to learn to deal with RAW in a short time.

My advise, shoot outside during the day with morning or late afternoon sun plus clouds; Shoot people in gardens full of flowers and green stuff. If it still turns out like that. Sue Nikon.

Hmm.. OK, I see your point.. But if I adjust WB using PS, it affects the whole pic. right? I cannot just adjust 1 section?

incubus said:
play with your camera more, get to know it a little better.
as for the pic attached, i find it abit under actually, oter den the blown whites of the plats in the centre of the frame

:D Ok.. Will try it out and see what happens ;)

Caspere said:
If he is asking this kind of questions, most likely he's not going to learn to deal with RAW in a short time.

My advise, shoot outside during the day with morning or late afternoon sun plus clouds; Shoot people in gardens full of flowers and green stuff. If it still turns out like that. Sue Nikon.

Caspere said:

:bsmilie:

Yes it will affect the entire picture. BUt if you want to select only one area and change that. you can. But of cos i doubt we can go through all the steps here? :think:

Ok.. I guess it's to do with selecting an area and doing adjustment in that area only? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out I guess.. But I was trying to say was that I was a bit disappointed when I opened the pics. on my PC, they looked ok on the camera's LCD :cry: And I had thought they wouldn't need much editing..

Chris Lim said:
:bsmilie:

Yes it will affect the entire picture. BUt if you want to select only one area and change that. you can. But of cos i doubt we can go through all the steps here? :think:

jeryltan said:
Ok.. I guess it's to do with selecting an area and doing adjustment in that area only? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out I guess.. But I was trying to say was that I was a bit disappointed when I opened the pics. on my PC, they looked ok on the camera's LCD :cry: And I had thought they wouldn't need much editing..

It always looks on on an LCD. thats why most of the time after i shoot. I'd select the Close up option to check the focus and wat ever nots. =) does the effect you want to achieve happen to be sth like that?
DSC_0044.jpg

Hmmm if you're not ok with my editing your pic. pls let me know. I'll remove it. thanks

For WB, everyone see in a diff way,
eg. some like warmer colour, will like to have more "orange"/"pinkish"...

how to let the camera know wat u want?
by exploring more on WB setting on the cam, u got to watch the lights n switch the WB/custom WB.
Sometimes e moment just gone when u had adjust it.

Depends on yr shooting style, see which will suit u.
adjust necessary settings(if u had shoot full manual mode, where got time to adjust WB)
all set auto, (may or maynot get the pictures that u want)
manual adjust later in PP(shoot in RAW), (will get the pictures that u want, meaning exp/WB/colours)

YES!! What settings did you adjust??

Chris Lim said:
It always looks on on an LCD. thats why most of the time after i shoot. I'd select the Close up option to check the focus and wat ever nots. =) does the effect you want to achieve happen to be sth like that?
DSC_0044.jpg

Hmmm if you're not ok with my editing your pic. pls let me know. I'll remove it. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.